Active Topics

Hi, i'm rather new to the maemo community and own a nokia N900. This is my first device that has a linux based OS. My thinking - its amazing!

Anyways, apart from that the battery life is not that good, I don't really find any problems while my device is running.

I have owned the tablet for four days. Sometimes, I turn the phone off to charge it faster. When it is fully charged it is impossible to turn on the phone. I must take out the battery and insert it again, in order for the phone to be able to turn on.

Is there something wrong with my device or is this something common, which can or will be solved in the future?

Could this develop into something more serious and have a negative impact on the phone in the future? I still have 10 days of guarantee to exchange it back for my money or another phone, should I consider it?

I hope you can help me.

greetings,

Fred

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kent, UK
I had this problem as well. Leave a bit more time between pulling the power lead out and pressing the on button. I think the phone just needs a little time to get itself sorted.

Alright, I will try this on the next recharge. Thanks for the quick answer

It appears you were absolutely right! I charged it full, turned it on and nothing happened. I waited a bit and tried again, voila it worked.

Thank you