Notices

Has anyone experience running mplayer on the N900? I installed mplayer and tried to watch movies, but mplayer crashes with the following error:

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: unkown
-MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM Recompile MPlayer with --enable-deug and make 'gdb' backtrace and disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_rash.
-Mplayer crashed. This shouldn't hapen. It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc version. If you think it's MPlayers' fault please read DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.
Anyone had the same error? How can I fix it?

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Which OS?
and which version of mplayer you are using? (type mplayer in the terminal).

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
how did you try? coz mine is fine, instead loving it than the built-in media player coz of various options its just that one has to give command from x-terminal

Player Version is Mplayer SVN-r30099-4.2.1

I tried running it by typing "mplayer moviename.mp4" in the terminal while being in the directory where the movie is stored.

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
that's the current version all right.
can you try with different file, preferably simple avi?

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

I just tried with an avi file, as you recommended. I get the same error message. However I noted that i also get this error message, when I mistyped the filename so that the file did not even exist. That's pretty strange isnt it?

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i never bothered installing it cos there was no instructions for how to start it!

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
You type "mplayer filename.extenstion" to run it.

if you don't want to run it in xterm download kmplayer. This will give you a basic graphical frontend

cant wait for vlc