Poll: Are You Going To Sell Your N900 When the New Meamo (6) Device Is Released?
Poll Options
Are You Going To Sell Your N900 When the New Meamo (6) Device Is Released?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Are You Going To Sell Your N900 When the New Meamo (6) Device Is Released?

Please vote and feel free to discuss ..

Just so you know, Im pretty sure I will be upgrading !!

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Probably and get iPhone 4 instead. Lack of FREE software support and delay is what i dont' like.

i miss an option:

4: i am going to upgrade to 6

and if that isnt possible i think i keep the N900 just as long as i see a good android replacement phone. because if i cant upgrade to a new os version again on a nokia device, then this will be my last nokia.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcompagner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
i always have 2 phones... coz i need two phones... i got n97 and n900 now.. so when maemo6 is officially out.. im going to sell or give to someone my n97 and keep my n900...

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States
What to say...perhaps just that I have played a round of Monkey Island 3 while waiting for a movie to start, have three custom screens, each dedicated to certain job/entertainment need, and a good feeling of not being just an average shadow with white earphones in cheap commercial...heck, we are all helping the great platform Maemo is to develop and grow. Don't know how about you guys, but I don't just jump on any bandwagon. In my opinion, this is Nok's V for Vendetta, and I love this blow of fresh air and when next generation emerges I'll be waiting to take a deep breath whether in form of new device or software upgrade. LtR's out

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
It all depends on how "compatible" maemo 5 & 6 are.

If the same thing happens to the n900 compared to earlier support for tablets or means lots of the current apps been rewritten to work with maemo 6 then -

Then probably not - I will wait and see - may look at Android phones as comparison.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Eight to Ten months away? Who knows where I will be or what I will be doing? Far, far to far ahead to consider this sort of question.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Nope,I'll not sell it,but,if Nokia release an Maemo6 device after sixth months from launching the N900,and they will focus only on Maemo 6,N900 will be my last Nokia device ever,I swear!I already skipped N97 ,and I bought Samsung I8910hd,and in December,when N900 appear in my country,I decided to give Nokia products one more chance(the last one).Let's hope and see whats next.
Cheers

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to viasat For This Useful Post:
Nokia, please make the N900 upgradable to Maemo6.

Thank you.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to unkno For This Useful Post:
i hope they keep their statement that only 1 maemo device (or not that many) per year. if not, then i hope that n900 will get an update or since it's an open source device, putting an unofficial maemo 6 is still possible.

but selling this device? i will not if a maemo 6 device doesn't support t-mo's 1700 3g and it's not a huge leap of technology from the current one. i might be a bit bitter to nokia but i can't go back to htc if winmo 7 can't redeem itself and android os is a downgrade version of maemo in my perspective of an os' / device's potential...