Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 1 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Mine is Enterprise 128 home computer in 1989. It has started it all for me. It was a tinkerer's device. With the Z80A/B CPU running at 4MHz, 128KB RAM, stereo sound and a support for CP/M OS, RS232 port as well as running Sinclair Spectrum Emulator (thousands of games that time) provided endless hours of fun.

Last edited by xobegnaro; 2010-01-25 at 00:28.

well mine was my G1 until I got this n900
N900 is mine

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I know this is Maemo.org and all, but my best toy so far that qualifies as "gadget" is the N900.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sega Dreamcast. Ran Linux, was easily hacked, had fast emus for Gameboy, SNES, Genesis... you know... all of the **** that seems to be the craze on the N900 some 10 years later. Oh... and it had Quake 3 Arena too.

conrad-johnson MV-55 tube amp w/Sovtek EL-34 tubes.

Last edited by colnago; 2010-01-25 at 22:45.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
Sony Vaio UX280 MicroPC

It had the WOW effect...+ Being a Full PC

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
Toss up between the DEC PDP-8E, the Atari 400 (upgraded to 48K!) and the HP 8591 spectrum analyzer - the demodulator makes it one of the coolest radios ever.

HP-35 calculator from 1972
HP-41CX calculator from 1979. The HP-41 was hackable at the instruction level.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Would I get shot for saying 'Rabbit'?

(Actually, I don't mean it. My 'life changer' was probably the Treo600, my first converged device.)

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Sega Dreamcast. Ran Linux, was easily hacked, had fast emus for Gameboy, SNES, Genesis... you know... all of the **** that seems to be the craze on the N900 some 10 years later. Oh... and it had Quake 3 Arena too.
Dreamcast was indeed awesome, I remember having to hack up those free dial up ISP's just so I could play Phantasy Star Online.

Shame the American game market sucked and thats what lead to its premature failure. I still have mine and to keep it from going out of use I hacked up some dreamcast controllers and used them as an adapter for my modular arcade.

I just was not happy with NullDC emulation I had to play the original :P

As per back on topic, while the Dreamcast rates very high as my all time favorite tech gadget I think my #1 all time gadget would be...

Well its probably the arcade I built but that doesnt count since I created it. Prefabricated stuff I think my Wii is the best. It was revolutionary with its motion controls, I love hacking the little thing to do a bunch of cool stuff and I use the wiimote on my computer via bluetooth and even just got an adapter a few days ago that lets me use the Wii classic controllers via USB on my computer.

I have all my Wii games ripped to a 2.5" hard disk so I never even have to put a game in the system it just loads right off the HDD.

Cant wait for Tatsunoki vs Capcom to come out to the states I already have a Wii adapter for my arcade also so I can play Wii games on the joysticks

Here is what all that stuff connects too

Its out of order right now since that was the top of my old desk and I built a new desk to hold my new monitors, but I plan to revive it soon.

here is the new computer setup, it takes 2nd place as my favorite tech stuff, working with 3 monitors really makes things faster/easier like right now I am encoding videos but also I love to play games across all 3 for surround gaming.

The N900 is great, but not doing all I want it too yet to rank in my Top 3 devices. I hope it can soon.