Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
I called T-mobile (USA) to ask questions about their plans, after a while the rep seemed very confused and didn't seem like he knew that he was doing, so he made the 'cannot hear' speech, something like "I'm sorry but I am unable to hear what you're saying, please try calling again". It seemed like he only did it because he couldn't answer me and was probably annoyed lol. I knew he could hear me because he paused for a quick sec after I said some "inapproriate" things ;-). This the THIRD time it happened to me! And it happened to other people too. I was right outside with full signal, and have never had a problem with signal with any other calls. Anyone else noticed this? I guess their just too lazy to help us out so they go for the easy way out and hope someone else answers our call next time lol

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
This is wierd, I have had phenomenal customer service with tmo usa. They have always been polite, and relatively efficient

Originally Posted by matthewcc View Post
This is wierd, I have had phenomenal customer service with tmo usa. They have always been polite, and relatively efficient
I started my T-Mo (USA) account a month ago, and have only had to make (1) call. Was escalated to higher tier support with my APN question, and had the same experience as posted above. I even got a little more info than I was looking for, if it was indeed true.

FWIW, both techs/reps had "American English" accents (i.e. no off-shore call center). Means a lot for some people, for more reasons than one...but for me, it was nice just to not have to deal with someone reading off of a help file, or script, giving me useless answers I could have found in the manual or internet.

Last edited by colnago; 2010-01-12 at 19:36.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
I agree, tmobile has nice customers reps, and they never argue or get mad (the opposite of ups) but they do get confused a lot...a lot of them probably havent received a lot of training

Never had a problem with T-Mobile support. I agree that there comes a point where they should say "I don't know. Let me connect you with someone who does". Next time, politely ask them to connect you with someone else who might know more about this question. Works for me.

Sometimes its luck of the draw. I called several times about a problem with my wifes voicemail. Two times I got some very polite but unable to help (despite trying their best) people, who transferred me to another dept eventually. The third time however I got a guy who just ripped through the issue. I think the systems they use take some learning and if you get a person who has been there a while you stand a better chance of a solution.
That being said - still WAY ahead of sprint and AT&T - cant speak to verizon as I have never had them , but from what my brother tells me, they are no picnic either.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

When i started my Tmobile contract about a month ago i had to call customer support twice; once to help set up my data connect and a second time to help with voicemail set up. Both time i spoke to people with "american" accents. When one repesentative didnt know how to solve the problem she sent me to the next teir support level where my problem was solved quickly.

I've had horrible tech support with other services but I'd say Tmobile is one of the better experiences i've had.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
i have to say i am a right ******* when it comes to ringing tech support lines. I work with a call centre, i train the guys on the phones and support them and i take on the big cases and so on. but i'm still an *** if the person i'm talking to about a problem doesn't know what their doing and is asking me to do stupid things or is trying to fob me off. i make sure the people who know wat their doing and are good get the nice treatment.

can't comment on tm usa as i'm in ireland. but all call centre's have their idiots. they usualy have a high staff turnover ratio too as their not the best jobs for pay or low stress with people shouting at them all day.

I stuck it out with TMO even when they were lagging on the 3g front just because of their customer service. I canceled ATT due to ATT's lousy customer service just my opinion.

att reps are stuck up ... they simply don't care about you ... same with sprint ... t-mobile are ok ... no experience with verizon though (our store doesn't carrry Verz) unless you call through their dealer line then you can speak to people who knows what they're doing .. i sell wireless so i call them(dealer line/rep line) almost everyday so i know how all you feel lol ...