Active Topics

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
I haven't seen a price drop for microSDHC for a while now. Do you have any source for a good price?

Today I had this

but $46 is still high!

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
I haven't seen a price drop for microSDHC for a while now. Do you have any source for a good price?

Today I had this

but $46 is still high!
You should be happy with that. In the UK you can substitue the $ sign for a £ sign, despite the £ (GBP) being worth a lot more than the dollar! The price here probably works out close to $70

Originally Posted by Thor View Post
You should be happy with that. In the UK you can substitue the $ sign for a £ sign, despite the £ (GBP) being worth a lot more than the dollar! The price here probably works out close to $70
Found this no brand £27.99 delivered but you can probably find slightly lower if you don't mind noname memory

Actually I just found this for £25.99 delivered, brand is PNY.

Not as bad as you thought in the UK now I guess

Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post

Today I had this

but $46 is still high!
That's pretty much par for the course. The higher capacity cards aren't produced in quite the volume as others. That said, buying online is a whole lot cheaper than buying at a B&M store, best buy is asking $100 for the Sandisks!

Oh yeah, don't get anything less than Class 6 unless you have a whole lot of time to wait.

Wow.. that $46 is actually pretty low. I've been holding out as well for a price drop but it just seems that it's not going to happen, at least not anytime soon. The thing I'm really curious about is why none of the big names make 16GB class 6 cards (ie. Kingston, Sandisk, PNY). Class 6 seems to be dominated by Transcend, Ridata, and AData. Are those reputable in terms of actual speed rating and reliability? I don't know if I am willing to risk 16GB worth of stuff on a poor quality control card.

My girlfiend got me one off fleabay for.... 22 bucks, I think?

Yes, I know all about the scams on fleabay, but she's a savvy fleabayer.

It's only a Class 2, but it's enough for my needs.

@cheetos, same here - looking for Class6 16GB MicroSD from reputable manufacturer cheaper than $80... BTW, Transcend is actually very good - I would put it in the first category together with Kingston and SanDisk. But will drop PNY to the second category, together with Ridata and AData...

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by fmo View Post
Actually I just found this for £25.99 delivered, brand is PNY.

Not as bad as you thought in the UK now I guess
Thanks for that. I have to admit I've only tended to get SanDisk cards at these sizes Cards (and things in general) are still overpriced here.