Active Topics

(Mods - sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=5310
http://www.tmonews.com/2010/01/t-mob...#comment-39906

Confirmed (Washington DC)!

SpeedTest screenshot:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/...dcd0c276_o.png

Last edited by heybige; 2010-01-05 at 15:34.

DOH! Guess I got to drive 30mi. to get getter speeds.

Did you get an update the other day for the APN ifno? I'm up near Baltimore, and T-Mo pushed out an update, changing the "Connection name" from "T-Mobile Internet", to "WAP Settings", along with configuring a "proxy address". I'm still connecting to epc.tmobile.com, but notice that speedtest.net has my "position" in Maryland now, (vs. New Jersey, or Kansas, on the other APN, Internet2.). I was manually changing APNs for testing, but update moved me from Internet2, back to epc.

I'm still only getting ~940Kb down at best, and still getting solid full bars of 3.5G.

Better than last time, even on 3G. 3.5 is spotty in my 'hood.
Attached Images

No obvious update in SFBay Area either... same "3.5G" speeds w/full bars down at 1mbps +/- a few. Uplink speeds at .5mbps, seems a hair faster then before (was getting .3xmbps before)

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Maryland, USA
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Better than last time, even on 3G. 3.5 is spotty in my 'hood.
This is Wi-Fi speed you're measuring, not 3G.

Originally Posted by osomanos View Post

yes that's right

Originally Posted by osomanos View Post
LOL good catch, I didn't notice the wifi icon in the status area in his screen shot ;D

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
I also only get 1mbps D/L on 3.5G connection via T-Mobile. But I live in a small town, so it's still much better than I got on the iPhone with only 2.5 (edge) speed.

Originally Posted by colnago View Post
DOH! Guess I got to drive 30mi. to get getter speeds.

Did you get an update the other day for the APN ifno? I'm up near Baltimore, and T-Mo pushed out an update, changing the "Connection name" from "T-Mobile Internet", to "WAP Settings", along with configuring a "proxy address". I'm still connecting to epc.tmobile.com, but notice that speedtest.net has my "position" in Maryland now, (vs. New Jersey, or Kansas, on the other APN, Internet2.). I was manually changing APNs for testing, but update moved me from Internet2, back to epc.

I'm still only getting ~940Kb down at best, and still getting solid full bars of 3.5G.
Interesting - I just noticed that the EPC "location" is now Washington. It was previously Philadelphia. That said, my APN settings have not changed automatically as some users have reported. Also worth noting that I don't have any proxy addresses or IP fields filled out.

Originally Posted by heybige View Post
Interesting - I just noticed that the EPC "location" is now Washington. It was previously Philadelphia. That said, my APN settings have not changed automatically as some users have reported. Also worth noting that I don't have any proxy addresses or IP fields filled out.
I started on the $10/mo T-Mo "Shadow/web2go" plan (I know, I didn't understand their pricing tier, but again, was still good for 3Mb in Philly) and the SIM card came with the Internet2 APN. I wasn't able to use epc.tmobile.com APN until they switched me. I was manually changing it to test for the upgrade, and Sat. night it was set on Internet2. Maybe that's why "I" got an update on Sun morning?