Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
It is been confirmed by this guy that the next firmware update will support MMS and the firmware is expected to be released the first quarter of 2010. So, any moment from now till March 31th.

Last edited by x61; 2010-01-01 at 18:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
and who is he?

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to asidana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vienna
Hmm, he says the customer support said that plus they were probably refering to the firmware update including the MMS support.

I guess what they mean is that we can expect a firmware update that gives us mms support during the first quarter of 2010, but I guess we will get a few firmware updates in between already.

The 3 sim card issue is reason alone why nokia can't wait much longer with releasing the update, also it has already been distributed to the testers so it shouldn't take much longer to hit public.

didn't read through the whole thing, but if it turns out to be true, then that's it for me. already sent it back due to the agps issue, now i'll push for my money back instead of a new device.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Does not make good sense, since there are known bugs already fixed that if released now, would make the N900 more stable. They could release a second update late in Q1.

That is unless the release is early Q1 (January), so then no point in two releases.

Originally Posted by asidana View Post
and who is he?
Indeed. Reading other posts the site doesn't seems to have any insider info about phones. Seems like a bit random place imo.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
The possible lack of firmware updates this month might recieve criticism in media. Nokia better announce something instead of this silence if they want to be any different to Apple.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Indeed. Reading other posts the site doesn't seems to have any insider info about phones. Seems like a bit random place imo.
fishy to say the least. especially since there's no links to sources.

maybe it's that guy that's been branded as a troll on this board.

By the way ... Q1 ends March, 31, not April, 30.

The Following User Says Thank You to der_stefan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Yes, the linked article seems fueled by an MMS rant the OP has about the lack of MMS. Though I agree not having the function out of box is silly, the post seems more a vehicle for a rant.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:

Tags
kathy needs mms, mms are past tense, what is a tag