Active Topics

Hello guys, I'm a proud new owner of a nokia n900, yaaaay!!! Just had one question though for the most part. Is it possible to make phone calls via a bluetooth headset because currently I am not having any luck with my n900 and my bh-804 headest. Thx!!!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
depends on what you mean by "make phone calls".

you cannot just bush a button on the BT headset, say the name of the person you want to call and wait for the N900 to dial the number. the N900, unlike most other phones, doesn't support voice input.

what you can do, though, is pair the BT headset and initiate a call by typing a number or selecting a contact. audio will be routed through the bluetooth headphone then.

Sorry I should have been a little more clear. I meant like if the phone application is open and you have a headset connected can you just double tap or tap the call key on the headset and make a call to the last number that you dialed. You know how bluetooth headsets allow you to call the last number you dialed. Is this possible on the n900?

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Last number redial from BT headset just now worked for me. I tried it with and without the phone app running and it worked both times. The BT connection is mildly unreliable though; sometimes it will dial but provide no sound. I think this is related to a memory leak somewhere as the load-app shows low memory when it happens and rebooting the phone fixes it. Hopefully that is fixed in Harmatten err, I mean the next flash update.

The Following User Says Thank You to BruceL For This Useful Post:
Thx it must just be a bug or something up wit mine because I just cannot get it to work for me. Glad to know that it is possible though.