Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Niles IL...Chicago born and raised.
Is there a way to make the 770 a bluetooth headset? What I was thinking is to make the 770 a BT head set, and perhaps a way to control a phone from the 770?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Make the 770 a BT Headset and control a phone from the 770? Iinteresting idea, but why? If you had established a VoIP call over a mobile network you would already use the 770 as the headset, but if you were dialing over the GSM/3G/etc network why not just pick up the phone and speak into it? It's almost certainly a better form factor, or am I missing the obvious here?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Niles IL...Chicago born and raised.
See, that's what I mean, instead of using 2 devices, just pick one up for all the mobile needs.

i was thinking more on the line of, if i was kicking back while browsing on my wireless g network and my phone rang, why not have the option of answering it using the n770.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Or, standing the good capabilities of both 770's mic&speaker, using it as a handsfree... why not, while being drive by maemo mapper!

good point/ideal

Yes, exactly what I mean, utilize the mic and speaker as a headset/handsfree kit. Added bonus would be to be able to dial from it...

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Geneva,Switzerland
Its a great idea. It will be also great to send SMS too...

Wow if we can use as:
- Hands free mobile
- for sending SMS via mobile
- Dialing mobile
- Sharing contacts of mobile
- Checking missed calls of mobile
WOW!

Last edited by mathew.chacko; 2006-12-19 at 09:19. Reason: addition

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
I love the idea too !
for dialing and sms'ing you can use phonelink (it uses gnokii) and can be found on the garage garage.maemo.org
Fred

I Don't know how to bring it up with a developer. I mean I don't want to be a bother with it...but I really think the 770 would be at the top of its game.