Notices

ok everyone, ive got the device now.... does anyone have a good irc client rocomendation for this device? post suggestions here.

I use pidgin for my N8x0 to get on IRC, it may not be the best IRC client, but it is also an IM client, and works alright.

I remember someone else asking about a CLI standalone IRC client in a screenshot, but I believe that was discovered to be running through an SSH session to a desktop, and the standalone IRC is not yet available for Fremantle, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

looking for a standalone... something like xchat perhaps? also AIM and yahoo integration. ill be taking a look into those protocols myself. think its something the community should jump on just to bring this device up to speed....

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by phreck View Post
ok everyone, ive got the device now.... does anyone have a good irc client rocomendation for this device? post suggestions here.
Pidgin works well but not very easy to work with. I think its available in Extras.
Attached Images

this makes me want my N900 even more

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by archebyte View Post
Pidgin works well but not very easy to work with. I think its available in Extras.
Seeing that picture, pidgin clearly is not the client to go with on that device

Hmm, I guess I'll try irssi first, that is always running in a screen on my server anyway. With the keyboard that should be workable.

Originally Posted by range View Post
Seeing that picture, pidgin clearly is not the client to go with on that device

Hmm, I guess I'll try irssi first, that is always running in a screen on my server anyway. With the keyboard that should be workable.

frankly i was looking for something besides the obvious.... which is a term app, or an ssh expedition heh. trying to find a good guimclient for the masses.. im an old *****x veteran, i can use irssi if i need to, but would rather find something a lil more subtle if you get my drift

Fairly sure you'd have to build it from scratch for maemo, but weechat may be worth a look. A very tidy IRC client.

Originally Posted by dregin View Post
Fairly sure you'd have to build it from scratch for maemo, but weechat may be worth a look. A very tidy IRC client.
im positive that we can make a port. just checking the community to see if there is anything else.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I have it on good authority that Lcuk is looking at putting IRC onto a liqbase app. So I suspect it's just a matter of time.

Tags
irssi, maemo 5