Active Topics

Read here, and watch the video: http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2009/11/...sung-omnia-ii/

It has something magical to it actually, and looks quite incredible..
It will probably have a learning curve, but trying a moment on my flat keyboard, it doesn't look too difficult..
Dunno, anyway, really curious.

The Following User Says Thank You to thecursedfly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Damn... implement this in maemo, and you have a true magic.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
looks cool

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
It's an interesting idea, and I'd like to try it out. The demo though shows so many failures of the prediction engine, I suspect I'd be unable to use it. I've found each such failure breaks my train of thought, so I always end up disabling prediction on any device I use.

I'd challenge anyone to come up with a version that would accept a bilingual Maltese and English dictionary (used simultaneously of course )

LOL the return of the stylus

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
So that people searching (googling) for this thread will find it: it's Swype.

I saw their original demo on the web about a year ago and wrote them requesting they port it to Maemo. (Of course, it ain't gonna happen.)

What a godsend it would be with the N8x0's stylus keyboard, which isn't even included in Maemo 5 or 6 / . I wish Nokia would fork development and have a resistive screen as well as capacitive in the upcoming Maemo 6 era, and that it would offer the resistive hardware with a stylus keyboard and Swype.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
obviously you dont need a stylus.

http://www.golem.de/0911/71446.html

However, just having such a keyboard as an option would be GREAT and should' nt be that hard...

With a great success of the N900 there will be an app around when time comes.

Very cool indeed! I encountered SlideIT too, and I really liked it, you can try it too:

http://www.mobiletextinput.com/Produ...IT/SlideIT.php

I can't try Swype since it's not even out yet.