Active Topics

Notices

I am afraid that N900 does not have many good games at this time and it may take long time to see good games for Maemo 5 as I heard that game making companies and developers won't make games for maemo 5,is that true??

and so Can I run games of previous maemo versions as LxDoom and Blobby Volley 2 on new maemo 5 ?

I am so sorry for asking many questions.

Last edited by tito_66; 2009-11-22 at 20:33.

Tito, Maemo 5 has only just launched so it will take a while for the situation to become clear.

Game publishers always want to wait until a product has been in the shops for a while before they make games for it. They want to find out if it's worth their while, by seeing how many people buy it.

If you remember when the iPhone launched it had no games or software at all, it took about a year for them to get started.

As far as I know you can't use games from previous versions of Maemo.

I don't think you read his question properly krisse. Tito, as far as I know Maemo 5 is backward compatible (minus certain Maemo 5 integration features), there should be no problem running old Maemo 4 games.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cadabena For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cadabena View Post
I don't think you read his question properly krisse. Tito, as far as I know Maemo 5 is backward compatible (minus certain Maemo 5 integration features), there should be no problem running old Maemo 4 games.
There is problem of getting those old games installed.

The games are not in Maemo5 repositories, so it needs some manual work to get the reposiories added (clicking .install doesn't work). Even if you did that (which I don't recommend) most games have one depency which is not available for Maemo5, so the games won't install (unless you do some manual work again). Even if you got games installed, many of them use hw keys found from N800/N810 but not from N900, so they might be unplayable.

thanks guys for your answers