Active Topics

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Got a call from Nokia USA a short while ago. They stated that they are cancelling my pre-order, due to changing ordering systems. After a short conversation with the sales rep (and a long while on hold while he consulted with his manager), they are refusing to honor the free bluetooth headset offer and extended warranty discount. Eventually, he stated that he would escalate this issue to "upper management" and contact me prior to the release date (which he confirmed to currently be mid-November) to get an order in the new system. Anyone else get this call?

Last edited by rewt; 2009-10-27 at 02:56.

Go with amazon or newegg. Cheaper and no taxes.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Bakersfield, CA
So there was a technical difficulty with the n900 orders and mine was included. My order was canceled and had to reorder. I no longer get the bluetooth or the extended warranty but was given a 15% discount.
I did ask if the release date is still mid novemebr and he said that they have new information that it will be released next week. I'm not getting excited because I have heard to many dates so im just going to wait and see.

Anyone else have the same problem info?

How did you find out your order was canceled? Mine still shows "in progress". If it were not for the free bluetooth and second year of warranty I would be ordering from NewEgg. 15% off is nice but no tax is a better deal.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by ewagner View Post
So there was a technical difficulty with the n900 orders and mine was included. My order was canceled and had to reorder...Anyone else have the same problem info?
I just checked. Mine, ordered Sept 4, is still there, 'In progress'. You had me worried for a minute though...
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Bakersfield, CA
That is what my order said to when i checked before i returned the message I got from a Nokia rep named Alex and told my my order was canceled, maybe i should of mentioned it. I just got in a hurry to post after the call. I thought it was some kind of scam because the message did sound odd. But when I called the customer service number i have on speed dial and asked for alex and he lead me throught the process. I placed my order on the 13th of September.

Last edited by ewagner; 2009-10-27 at 01:54.

BrightPoint (or Nokia/USA) has done this in the past with the N97. Pre-orders were systematically cancelled. Luckily when they cancelled mine a better offer came around and I jumped on it instead of waiting for a Nokia Representative to call and offer me an equivalent price and package from the pre-order according to a BrightPoint representative.

One thing to note though was that I did NOT find out about my order being cancelled until I called in to check on the status because someone else experienced the same thing and posted their experience on a forum.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
@sschueller: Thanks for the suggestion (I had already considered it, but free and/or discounted stuff makes me happy), although not quite what I was looking for...

Another update on this... my order status is still showing "in progress", even though it was supposedly cancelled.

Last edited by rewt; 2009-10-27 at 15:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to rewt For This Useful Post:
I dont know how long the "In Process" shows. I cancel my order from them on 10/22/09 and reordered it with Newegg. Saved me around 150 dollars. But my order as of 10/26/09 still shows up as "In Process". I even called them this morning to make sure my order was canceled... they say it was. I just wish there page would reflect that. But since they have not even changed there ... End of October.. release date... I am guessing they are just real slowwww about updating stuff.

Not sure how much money newegg would save you. But since price was 559 and no sales tax. They money I saved would about buy two of those free bluetooth headsets from nokia

I just found listened to the voice mail from Nokia USA telling me that my pre-order has been cancelled as well. Only found how now since I'm on the road. I'm gonna call 'em tomorrow and give 'em holy heck.