Notices

Okay, I know it's been a while, but I finally scrounged up enough time to release Maemo Mapper v1.2, months in the making. It should be showing up in the Maemo Garage repository shortly, or just get it directly from the Maemo Mapper Files page.

RELEASE NOTES:

Maemo Mapper v1.2 has been released with much new functionality, including support for textual GPS information and for points of interest (POI), using patches by Cezary Jackiewicz.

Also, multiple repositories are supported, and support for the command-line version of flite is back. Plus, I've rebuilt flite v1.3 to work with IT2006. It is downloadable from the same repository as maemo-mapper (garage's "extras" repository).

There are also many minor bugfixes and other improvements, such as the ability to re-assign the Escape key to do different things. See the changelog. I wish I had documentation for all of the new functionality, but my time is limited, so hopefully it is intuitive enough. :/

The new deb has been submitted to the garage's "extras" repository, but until it refreshes, you can download straight from the maemo-mapper garage Files list. The new version of flite
will also be in the "extras" repository, and it is also here:

http://www.gnuite.com/nokia770/flite_1.3_armel.deb

NOTE: Maemo Mapper does not require flite to run, so it is not listed as a dependency. You must install it separately in order to hear voice announcements.

This release is only minimally tested, so please file bug reports on the Maemo Mapper Bug Tracker if you find anything out of the ordinary.

Again, feel free to offer up suggestions either in the ITT discussion thread or by adding to the Maemo Mapper Feature Request Tracker.

And if you like using Maemo Mapper, please consider donating via the donation button at http://www.gnuite.com/nokia770/maemo-mapper/.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
thanx for flite, and mm

thanx thanx thanx

$20 is on the way for a great app.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Warsaw, Poland
Well, this version include my latest patches (poi and gpsinfo), but not working for me: glibc detected free(): invalid pointer: 0x000508f4 .
This version used libsqlite0 (v2 - from gpe), not libsqlite3-0 (v3 - from my repository).
--
Cezary

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Ok, here's my feedback.

Tried to start it and all gone well, but as soon as I enable the GPS it crashes. Ok, I tuned it to use the rfcomm instead of the GPS MAC, so I let it scan for the GPS, but after 5 minutes it gets locked (as usual without the /dev/rfcomm trick)

As of now I reinstalled the previous version, since also flite wasn't useful. I tried with 1.1 + flite installed but I still get the beep instead of the voice.

Is there any solution for this or do I have to reset the bluetooth radio each time?

Bye, Omar

PS. Regarding the POI matter, I installed the libsqlite provided with gpe

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by cjackiewicz
Well, this version include my latest patches (poi and gpsinfo), but not working for me: glibc detected free(): invalid pointer: 0x000508f4 .
This version used libsqlite0 (v2 - from gpe), not libsqlite3-0 (v3 - from my repository).
--
Cezary
I also get that error ... with a different pointer ... when I try to run it from xterm. What is the solution to this? I tried reinstalling the libsqlite0 from kernelconcepts.de but that didn't do it.

The funny thing is, it worked then I first started it, then I played around and added a few POIs and enabled flite. Now it won't start.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Toronto, Canada
Crashed once so far. Otherwise works fine. POI works too.

$20 is on the way. Thank you, John!

I have tried the previous version, tried to uninstall it, but it refuses to. It's no longer listed as an 'installed application', but it is still there on my menu. It has the Maemo default icon though, but it still launches. Any idea on how to remove it completely?
-r

Originally Posted by cjackiewicz
--
Cezary
i just dn loaded 1.2 and there was a package missing which is libsqlite0 (>=2.8.13). according to the dn load there was 91 kb to be dn loaded and that was the amount dn loaded. any ideas anyone??!! thanks

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by tdmajic
i just dn loaded 1.2 and there was a package missing which is libsqlite0 (>=2.8.13). according to the dn load there was 91 kb to be dn loaded and that was the amount dn loaded. any ideas anyone??!! thanks
You can find libsqlite version 2 following the links on planet maemo, applications for maemo 2.0, gpe suite. One of the libraries provided is that one.