Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
I am going on a month travel to far away New Zealand in a few days and I decided to travel light. Guess what? I decided to take the 770 instead of a notebook.

I plan to use it for the following:
-web access (I have bookmarks for weather, hotels, attractions, blogging, etc...)
-mail
-chat using google talk
-voip phone using gizmo (and I configured a voip phone back home for free calls)
-mp3 music and games for the airplane
-news (RSS, web and radio from home)
-maps (maemo mapper and bluetooth GPS)
-data (lots of files with info on the RS-MMC card)
-expenses (gnumeric)
-displaying pictures (bought another RS-MMC card for the digital camera and can exchange pictures via bluetooth with the N80 phone)

NZ telecom operates wifi internet cafes all over the country (for a price).

I have spare batteries, extra MMC, Nokia bluetooth keyboard, backups, data cable and charger with adapter for the NZ plugs. Everything is still quite light and compact compared to a notebook.

I'd say that little machine is not too bad after all.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Innsbruck
Originally Posted by Jerome
I am going on a month travel to far away New Zealand in a few days and I decided to travel light. Guess what? I decided to take the 770 instead of a notebook.

I plan to use it for the following:
-web access (I have bookmarks for weather, hotels, attractions, blogging, etc...)
-mail
-chat using google talk
-voip phone using gizmo (and I configured a voip phone back home for free calls)
-mp3 music and games for the airplane
-news (RSS, web and radio from home)
-maps (maemo mapper and bluetooth GPS)
-data (lots of files with info on the RS-MMC card)
-expenses (gnumeric)
-displaying pictures (bought another RS-MMC card for the digital camera and can exchange pictures via bluetooth with the N80 phone)

NZ telecom operates wifi internet cafes all over the country (for a price).

I have spare batteries, extra MMC, Nokia bluetooth keyboard, backups, data cable and charger with adapter for the NZ plugs. Everything is still quite light and compact compared to a notebook.

I'd say that little machine is not too bad after all.
Don?t forget to pay all bills before departure. You can?t manage your account using N770, since net banking generally needs java. Have a nice holiday!

Originally Posted by c1261015
(...) since net banking generally needs java.(...)
You are wrong, at least in germany (AFAIK) most online banking dont need java.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Any online bank that requires me to use Java would be -1 one customer. Likewise if they didn't support non-IE browsers - LloydsTSB is perfectly accesible with Firefox and plain HTML.

I'm not aware of any UK bank that forces you to use Java - that's just a brain dead requirement.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Maybe he's talking about javascript, but that's working flawlessly on the 770 (I also made a bank transfer some weeks ago while waiting for a medical response at the hospital )

Omar