Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
What can we as a community do to get Adobe Air Support on the n900, and maemo in general?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Washington, DC
Hold our breath?...wakka wakka wakka

Seriously, there is an air installer for Linux (which I assume runs on Debian). I honestly don't think it'll be that hard for Air to run on Maemo. Assuming that Adobe and Nokia are working at least somewhat hand-in-hand on Flash, I would expect to see Air support forthcoming.

Considering how god-awfully-slow Air applications run on my desktop though, I'm a little leery about how they'll run on the tablet; as Air is ridiculously memory intensive.

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
What can we as a community do to get Adobe Air Support on the n900, and maemo in general?

I hate to respond to my own post, but this post on the Air blog talks about Adobe releasing Flash for Android (which is supposed to be announced at the Adobe MAX event in two weeks), and that they are at least contemplating AIR support.

http://blogs.adobe.com/air/2009/06/h...droid_dev.html

I realize Android isn't Maemo (the work to port it to Android I would think is actually greater...it's a VM running inside a VM), but this bodes well for mobile support.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Ti confirms Flash 10 and Adobe AIR on OMAP – 2010. That item is from april 2009.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Cool, but is there some way we can "demand" it as a community lol?

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Cool, but is there some way we can "demand" it as a community lol?
You can try submitting this form that the Adobe guys mentions in that blog entry (I have no idea how effective it is):

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform...?name=wishform

You might also try to get as many other people as possible to submit it (I have just done so).

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Any luck of getting Adobe Air running on N900?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ mother earth
what's the point of having Air running on the n900 as an app when you can run flash from the browser?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
possible to run grooveshark adobe air application?

to bad...would have been great,

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It seems to me you're pretty close to running Adobe Air on the N900 if you install the Garnet Palm emulator software. I forget the details; it's been awhile.