Active Topics

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
Now when i went to the New York Nokia flagship store they also told me a date of November. Do your think this date is for in-store buying and pre-orders will come sooner?

The Following User Says Thank You to mykenyc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Hmmm... it sounds like news of a delay into November is coming in from multiple sources now.

Well, if true, I won't mind it if it means that they are addressing an issue with build quality.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Hmmm... it sounds like news of a delay into November is coming in from multiple sources now.

Well, if true, I won't mind it if it means that they are addressing an issue with build quality.
With todays production techniques stopping a run to correct a design deficiency discovered this late in the game would worry me more.

Marketing logistics might be more likely if there is a delay. It wouldn't suprise me in todays economy if they are still dancing with T-Mo over subsidizing the thing...

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-09-14 at 23:35.

So, what happens to all the phones that are shipping on the 27th per the nokia blog article?

Methinks *somebody* is really, really off on their facts.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post
So, what happens to all the phones that are shipping on the 27th per the nokia blog article?

Yup, at this point the only "fact" is when you actually see one for sale in the stores.

BTW, do you have a link for that blog article.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Yup, at this point the only "fact" is when you actually see one for sale in the stores.

BTW, do you have a link for that blog article.
http://thenokiablog.com/2009/09/14/n...eptember-27th/

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post

Nokia Germany is still announcing ca. October 12th for shipment dates.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
Could it be that there was a delay in localization for certain countries? That would explain the fluctuating release dates.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by quingu View Post
Could it be that there was a delay in localization for certain countries? That would explain the fluctuating release dates.
It could also be diffenrences between various sale channels.

For example: Nokia's own on-line shops ship in announced timeframe, other retail stores after that and subsudized phones from networks arriving last.

Last edited by Rauha; 2009-09-15 at 11:28.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Well my spare battery and 16GB sd card have arrived from Nokia....
Just waiting for the damn phone now ;-)

Ah the waiting is killing me, and more the fact that on the UK shop it doesn't specify any expected ship date...