Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
I really don't get it: most games I play I lose at one time or another because the computer is smarter/faster than me, but this is the first game I lost because of bladder capacity.

I was up at 28,270 points, when I had to quit because I really really had to pee (I recently discovered that eating ice cream and using the 770 don't go together and I wasn't going to find out if this combination would work ).

I don't know if this is a good score or not, but the game is essentially trivial once you've tuned your mind into the proper pattern recognition. I once played a much more taxing variation on the pc, where it was up to the player if there ware any combinations left on the board and you got only a limted mumber of reshuffles. On the 770 variant, you just keep looking for combinations, confident that there must be one as long as the parser doesn't reshuffle the board.

I humbly bow before the prodigious pattern-recognition abilities of your mind. I should never have tried this game in the first place (didn't know it before) because I find it addictive in the extreme. However my slow-firing synapses have not let me past a ridiculous 4.000 points up to now... On the bright side, no bladder problems, either :-)

Karel, how did you get it to work? I can't find the lib that it says it need.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by gigabites
Karel, how did you get it to work? I can't find the lib that it says it need.
What lib is that? It just installed on my 770.

Update on score: I tried again and this time got to 25.420, but then the phone rang. I now understand why there's no pause on that game: to prevent high score overflows.

My next challenge: to see how high I can get before the battery runs out. (I'll probably have to play that session in the bathroom, for aforementioned reasons)

The Following User Says Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
so you answered your question. the real challange is to actually PLAY that game. ignoring your reallive. which mens no food, no phone and on hard skill mode without toillet

Will download the game to see how bad i am. (i suck at this game)

EDIT: first try 220 points. lol

Last edited by count zero; 2006-09-19 at 12:42.

it IS possible to pause the game.
just press the home button. when you select the gweled icon and go back to the game you ee the strt screen. here you can press continue.

...or the mislabeled "Surrender" button, same thing.

Aw, fork!

Now I'll have to go on forever .

Has anyone been able to install this on an N800 lately? It won't intall from the repo for me. I don't think it can find the deb file.

same here, also with other games.