Active Topics

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I bought a baby blue translucent silicone skin case for my N800 for about $6 on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Silicone-Skin-Po...d=p3286.c0.m14

First I removed the tilt bracket (very tiny screws).
Next I cut a small square in the side of the case so that with the case on, I can plug in the power and the USB cable. Note that there are already cut-outs for the camera, stylus, headphone and power. Also the entire back is covered.

It not only protects my N800 from being scratched but also it will not slip out of my hand or out of a shirt pocket (when you bend over). Since it is translucent you can see the "D" pad and keys and also the blue alert LEDs.

Name:  N800_SC.jpg
Views: 1789
Size:  35.4 KB

Last edited by Den in USA; 2009-08-07 at 20:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
hmmm, nice?

But without your tilt, how is it leaning?

Originally Posted by Jaygo333 View Post
hmmm, nice?

But without your tilt, how is it leaning?
It leans up against any thing that is handy - like my computer at work. The silicone is very "clingy". Therefore it can lean up against anything at any angle without slipping.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Couple more Questions Den, cos it looks kinda useful.

how well do the hardware keys work though the silicon?

How easy is it to get the N800 in and out of the case?

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Couple more Questions Den, cos it looks kinda useful.

how well do the hardware keys work though the silicon?

How easy is it to get the N800 in and out of the case?
All the keys, including those on the top work well. My wife calls it the "condom" because it easily stretches as you insert it through the front opening.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
thanks - may have to get one. I have always been paranoid about it slipping whilst getting it out of a pocket. Deffo worth a punt at about £3 or so.

I'll just need to find a different way of mounting it in the car, as currently I slide the stand into a slot cut into a cork sanding block which then slides into a cubby hole on the dash.

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
I'll just need to find a different way of mounting it in the car, as currently I slide the stand into a slot cut into a cork sanding block which then slides into a cubby hole on the dash.
I also have a cubby hole in the dash just under the radio. Mine has a plastic "flip down" door on which my N800 rests. The silicone prevents it from slidding when I make a turn.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Tri-State/NY/(631)
Den,

I'm using a similar black version, but didn't have to undo the 'kickstand'...?

Protects it very well and makes for a snugger fit in padded cases.

Cheers,

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
This one's waaay sexier (sorry Den!)

Originally Posted by #800 View Post
Den,

I'm using a similar black version, but didn't have to undo the 'kickstand'...?

Protects it very well and makes for a snugger fit in padded cases.

Cheers,

Hmm you didn't have to remove the kickstand? Which one did you buy? I need to get one for my tablet (it's case is getting scratched up =( ). But I don't want to remove the kickstand. Is there anyway to have a skin case and still use the kickstand from time to time?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...