Active Topics

Ok, here's what I've got. I'm trying to work with a map building program for Maemo Mapper. (it was originally featured in another thread) It supposedly builds databases in SQlite3. Supposedly is the key here, because it hasn't for me so far, even though others report no problems. Ok, here's what I've got.

This file is the one that Maemo Mapper builds. So far every SQlite3 testing tool I've tried says that it's NOT an SQlite3 database. (is it a gdbm file by accident?) I even opened it in kwrite and looked, and it doesn't look like an SQlite3 database at all. (no sqlite3 header info) This one here is built by this script using PySQlite2.x and Python2.x as instructed and is seen as a legitimate SQlite3 database by my testing tools.

So, anywho, the one built by Maemo Mapper is the one I'm worried about. If it's not coming up as a valid SQlite3 database in my SQlite3 tools, then what kind of database is it and why am I not able to build a legal database for Maemo Mapper using this script? Any help is welcome. Essentially since I'm just trying to figure out why it's not building a database Maemo Mapper says is legal, even though it's supposed to be an SQlite3 database.

Any help is totally welcome.

Ok, I have a partial solution. Evidently Maemo Mapper is creating the database as GDBM, but it won't recognize valid SQlite3 databases, even though it's the current 2.6.2 version that is supposed to support SQlite3.

Anyone got any ideas what I need to do to fix this?

Not sure if this will help or not but you could run the program 'file' on databases created by several methods and see what version it may report on them (if any).

file is supposed to detect and show information about the file formats and content formats and display them, but i dont know how much variety they support with sqlite databases.

You can download a build i made of file here :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...e-4.24.all.deb

You will probably have to run it from xterm but emelfm2 may automatically use it when showing file info and i may have created emelfm2 user command to log info to emelfm2 console.

Yeah, we already did that and the file I'm generating with the script is a SQlite3 database, but Maemo Mapper is saying it's invalid, and will only generate GDBM databases. Someone else had me check and see if the proper sqlite lib was attached to it, and it is. It's got the sqlite3 lib attached to it just fine. Which makes me wonder if there's a config file somewhere that I need to reset in order to force it to see the sqlite database.

For MM did you try deleting the repos of maps it had and then download a sample of them again (all doable from its manage repositories section in Maemomapper's settings). Otherwise MM will continue using whatever pre-existing databases it created a long time ago.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Yeah, cleared the repos and rebuilt, but no change.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
Ok, problem solved. Apparently the list that downloads of all the databases has GDBM hard coded as the database for Google Street View with no way to change it. To fix the problem I had to create a new blank repository, gave it the name Gstreet, and told it to save in SQlite3 format. From there, everything was golden.

I'm right now building an all brand new maps file for Google Street. All I gotta do after that is just remember to keep an eye on the script as it has a habit of dropping out at the weirdest times. ^_^;;

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
Oh, fantastic Lord Raiden - I've been struggling with this myself today.

By the by, did you manage to modify that getmaps script to spawn children? If so, would you be willing to share it?

Thanks

Nope, I can't write in python (of course, the way things are going, and with the ever increasing number of python scripts, I may need to learn how anyways), but I did bug one of the python devs here to see if he'd help. No response yet. I also suggested other changes too. Of course, if there's another python dev who's reading this, we'd love someone who knows the language to come in and help us modify it. If it were written in PHP, I might be able to do it myself, but I still don't understand python to even bother doing more than just some simple hacking. Certainly nothing of this level.

You could ask on a python forum or a programming forum about it. Not for them to do it for you, but to give you advice on where to start.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...