Active Topics

Hi,

I own this BTI battery II for charging an ipod

http://www.macworld.com/product/ipod/300/detail.html

It's one of the longest lasting battery packs I've ever came across and keeps my ipod charged for months.

I'm trying to find out if anyone has attempted to make something like this compatible for charging the N810. I'd need some kind of IPOD connection to usb mini connector which I don't know if it even exists, but if it does, could anyone see why something like this wouldn't work for charging the battery in the Nokia or am I playing with fire here. I'm carrying around this lithium battery with me that has no use other than charging my ipod once in a while and I'd like to see if it can be applied to the Nokia N810, but don't know if that's even possible.

Thanks for any input

Thanks

Last edited by callanish; 2009-06-14 at 21:44.

Meh, it's only 1600mah. You'd be better off with a Tekkeon mp1550 and a set of 2500mah NiMH rechargeables. That'll give you 5000mah of operating time and will easily take your NIT to a full charge from dead.

The general rule of charging I've learned is that you need 2.5 x total MAH of your battery to charge it full from dead. So if your battery is 1600mah, you'll need 4000mah minimum to fully charge it. If the device is running, you'll need an extra 20% more power to fully charge it since the device will consume part of that power.

And that rule doesn't necessarily apply to all devices, as with some it's as low as 1.5x and some are as high as 4x, but the general rule of thumb is 2.5x for most devices.

You can check out the Tekkeon 1550 here: http://tekkeon.com/products-tekcharge1550.html

I've got one and love it to death!

Thanks for that info. Didn't realize how underpowered the bti battery really was. Need to rethink my strategy here. That tekkeon does looks sweet. Oh nuts, more money on the credit card :-)

lol. Yeah, and you're not counting those pesky rechargeables you'll need. Opps. rofl!