Notices

Is anyone else's Twitter timeline (Friends or Public) failing to update in Mauku? I see new posts when I launch it, but after that it won't update until I quit and re-launch. I can post as usual but can't see the new posts. I tried re-booting, un- and re-installing Mauku (though I couldn't find any database files to nuke).

On a related note: while thinking about this I made a brief survery of other Twitter clients for the tablet. In case anyone else is interested:

- Twitux: installs under Turbo Easy Debian, but gnome-keyring pops up asking for a password. Edit: that's fixable; what's more worrying is that opening the keyboard slider on N810 kills the app.
- Gtwitter: (also in T.E.D.) Mono installation fails
- Gwibber: (also in T.E.D.) requires packages which apparently aren't available (python-webkitgtk)
- Mitter: according to their Issues page, Mitter will be affected by the "Twitpocalypse" bug

Last edited by bdraws; 2009-06-14 at 20:00.

I was noticing that earlier..I had updated my status. Clicked refresh to see it. But it wouldn't show up..had to close Mauku and restart it.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by bdraws View Post
Is anyone else's Twitter timeline (Friends or Public) failing to update in Mauku? I see new posts when I launch it, but after that it won't update until I quit and re-launch. I can post as usual but can't see the new posts.
Yes, Mauku on my N810 has been behaving in that manner for approximately 26 hours now. I've exited and relaunched Mauku several times and even rebooted my tablet, but it hasn't helped.

The point of breakage seems to have been marked by one Twitter post by a friend being displayed again and again in Mauku at perhaps one minute intervals. Ever since I quit and relaunched Mauku to clear up that bug, it hasn't updated properly.

I noticed the problems starting Friday, too. A search for "mauku" on Twitter shows other posts mentioning refresh issues. Must be the Twitpocalypse thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to bdraws For This Useful Post:
This is unlikely..but could this be the reason?

http://arstechnica.com/web/news/2009...d-to-panic.ars

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
This is unlikely..but could this be the reason?
Doesn't seem that unlikely that Mauku will be storing the tweet id in a (signed) int :-/

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 212 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Doesn't seem that unlikely that Mauku will be storing the tweet id in a (signed) int :-/
Mauku is storing all ids in a strings. However, I just realized that the json-c library Mauku is using internally converts JSON integers to int values. So, Mauku is after all affected by the Twitpocalypse.

There will be a new backend for Mauku 2.0. It is not using the json-c anymore. However, I am focusing on Fremantle version for now, and a Diablo port may follow some time later. Thus, I am not keen on fixing the json-c library for the Mauku 0.x at all.

If someone is interested in fixing the json-c library, here is the original source code (note, that the upstream has even newer version of the json-c):

http://oss.metaparadigm.com/json-c/

It seems that json_object.c should be patched to use long long int.

It might be also useful to look older debian packaging for Maemo I have made:

http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...source/j/json/

If someone does the job, please, ping me. I will link Mauku against the new json-c library. That also forces the Application Manager to update the library.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hhedberg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
So at this time no Mauku solution for an N810 running Diablo?
If so..would m.Twitter be the second best option?

Need...my tweets....
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I'd say the Twitter site (mobile or regular flavor) is the most stable option at the moment. Twitux (see first post) will grab new posts and allow you to post, but is prone to crashing. Twitter.com is pretty responsive in the Tear browser.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by bdraws View Post
I'd say the Twitter site (mobile or regular flavor) is the most stable option at the moment. Twitux (see first post) will grab new posts and allow you to post, but is prone to crashing. Twitter.com is pretty responsive in the Tear browser.
Thanks, I'm looking at mitter (http://code.google.com/p/mitter/) as an option. We'll see.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes