Active Topics

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
My birthday is coming up and my girlfriend, who have now accepted that she is dating a gadget freak with more gadget-lust than wallet, told me that I should have her give me "something nerdy cause I know that's what you'd like anyway but if you don't tell me exactly what you want I'm gonna get you a sweater" [direct quote] :-)

So, with my N810 two days away I'm obviously thinking some accessories, thingies that would work with that (new gadget > old gadget AND new gadget = shiny).

I already picked up a blue-tooth headset (see my sig), I love my Zune music player w/ built in radio (f u Apple), I don't use a cell-phone,

Normally we exchange gifts for around $75-100 so that's the rough price cut-off.

So far I'm thinking;
a) A 16GB Memory card,
b) A neat Case for the 810,
c) Some really neat/good headsets for listening to music (that would also have a mic on them so I could easily take a call if I was listening on the N810 ),
d) Some other really neat little gadget that works with/supplements the 810 OR something cool I haven't thought of....

So, please come up with some great sub-100 dollar gadget gift ideas so that I don't have to...get a sweater!

(It's not that I don't like clothes...it's just that they are not shiny and doesn't have buttons that makes sounds when you press 'em!).
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago

perfect gift for any occasion!

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
The 16gb micro SD is the best idea, i think.

Otherwise, you could probably persuade her that a sweater is not really good looking and a that nice fashionable shirt or some nice boxers/jockstrap/any-otherunderwear would be a perfect gift as long as it fits you ...

Just imagine her surprise if you acutally don't ask for geek stuff !

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
or maybe a home-knitted sweater with a pac-man or space invader on it

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
You know, it really stinks. I pay enough attention to my wife to always know what she needs/wants/can-use for birthdays, mother's day, etc. Never fails. But I drop countless hints about my needs and she's constantly clueless. What is it with our wimmin? Do they really tune us out that much?

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You know, it really stinks. I pay enough attention to my wife to always know what she needs/wants/can-use for birthdays, mother's day, etc. Never fails. But I drop countless hints about my needs and she's constantly clueless. What is it with our wimmin? Do they really tune us out that much?

They're not clueless, they just know they can get away with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post

Haha, my gf constantly complains that I'm hard to shop for considering my main interest is electronics. So I tell her get me a gift card at Amazon, or an electronic. But I'm hard to shop for (she's had to ask my best friend on tech advise once). Not to mention when traveling, an electronic gift isn't as special as something from that country.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
All they have to do is listen to us gripe when we cannot find something, or a favorite tool or device or whatever breaks. But nooo...

"Honey, I don't mind if you give me a sweater. To me, everything from you is special".

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

16g card is tough to beat.