ok im using a progamme called motion and a playstation eye on my ubuntu 9.04 desktop pc (its a server but i use the desktop os) motion looks at frames and saves ones that have changed (the idea is if im burgled i have some nice pictures of the culprits!) what i want to do is have the pictures sent to my n800 (motion supports ftp upload and saving to a folder) so i see two options
1) set up a symbolic link to a folder on the n800 from a folder in ubuntu so the pictures are saved to the n800
2)an ftp client running on the n800 that recieves them

the reason for this is simple i can plug my n800 into a socket in the bedroom and hide it behind a draw etc and if i get robbed the pictures are on there and scum can go to jail

the other alternative (way out of my comfort zone and abilitie) is to make a ubuntu script that would look at the motion output folder and email any pictures to my gmail account and move the original to a processed folder (so far out of my league that i nearly screwed up my server trying to set up postfx lol

any advice or even new ways to achieve my goal (putting the images away from my pc so if its stolen the pictures aint!) are much apreciated

yes, there is a ftp server ported to the tablet: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=13

the build is for chinook though (old stable), but it works nice for diablo. (current stable)

Give it a try. We should really get this in extras.