Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Hi!

Which package should I install (from which repository) to get command "less" in xterm?

Thanks

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
http://maemo.org/development/tools/

Search less on that page and look at the bottom on how to add it. Also, I'd recommend using apt-get install over going into red pill mode.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-04-05 at 08:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Thank you!

Actually I've tried 'apt-get install less' but it returned "no package found". I guess I have to learn a bit more about this way. My background is gentoo

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
Originally Posted by v_andal View Post
Thank you!

Actually I've tried 'apt-get install less' but it returned "no package found". I guess I have to learn a bit more about this way. My background is gentoo
Did you add the tools repository to the Application Manager as specified in the Installation Instructions? (Be sure to allow the Application Manager to refresh the repository list before exiting and running "apt-get install less" from xterm.)

Thanks, thats the part I was missing! Now I just need to figure out how to get into Red pill mode

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
Originally Posted by v_andal View Post
Thanks, thats the part I was missing! Now I just need to figure out how to get into Red pill mode
Red pill mode is one way to install it (via the Application Manager). However, if you are comfortable using "apt-get", simply exit Application Manager after adding the repository and do the "apt-get install less" command (as root, of course).

Yes, that's how I've done it. But I wanted to see the list of all available packages in this repository. I guess I can obtain this using some other apt tool (aptitude?) but so far I didn't have time to read thru all available documentation on apt.