Yesterday. on www.shopbot.ca, I still was able to find the N810 on eXpansys website, but now it's not there anymore. The price was way higher than any average good deal you Americans had.

With the current "Not in stock" or "Special command" status of the N800 and N810 on many american websites, I do start to believe that the N810 hasn't been produced in very big quantity.

I've got my N800 stolen the 29th December and now I'm pissed because because that I can't find any N810 here at reasonnable price, even used. I don't feel like shopping in the states because of the insane brokerage fees with UPS and Fedex. Not counting the prohibitive shipping charge sometimes from eBay sellers.

N900, where are you!!?!?!?!??! If Nokia didn't plan to release the N900 or whatever its name is sooner, why did they stop the production of the N800 and N810? :[

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I noticed that there was a brief burst of good prices (about a month); the N810 was down to $275 in several places. Then the prices jumped back up to pre-sale levels, and now the N810 is just gone.

I agree that it is weird that Nokia would stop producing the N810 before the next device has even been announced.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
This is a frustrating issue! I'm reared and ready to purchase the most wonderful of N810s and cannot find a unit at a reasonable price! Most places that I have seen (by a LARGE margin) are sold-out and those that have it in stock, are listing very high prices; which when coupled with exchange, shipping, customs, and brokerage fees make them ludicrously high and equally unappealing.

I have the patience to wait, but if the N900/RX-51 draws near, I will opt just to wait a few months more and shell out the $500+ for the newer device.

I wonder why companies are not stocking these units. Perhaps Nokia has choked up on shipments. Perhaps the economy has limited stocking slower-selling products -- if these are indeed slower-selling. Its odd, because there seems to be a steady demand for these units as reflected in the price rising proportional to the steadily dwindling supply.

Ah well. Ol' cap, satisfied in his years, can wait a wee longer.

YARR!
}:^)~

Yo-Ho-Ho sing Cap

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Nokia's got a nice long track record of seamingly forgetting about us Canadians with their tablet products; I had to order my first 770 from Nokia US, and that was months after it was released. I got my first N800 over a year after it had been released, and it was still an out of stock/special order item. (I remember calling 3 tiger direct stores and running around for two weeks until one finally got a shipment of 4 of them in... which after myself, my friend, and my dad bought one... the guy who was cashing my out bought the fourth and they were out of stock again for a month). My understanding was that the N810 was generally the same sort of story... and I'm pretty sure that when the N900 or whatever it's called finally shows up, I'll be ordering for full price from the US as I really don't plan on waiting another 3-6 months for Nokia to remember that Canada exists and has a large following for these tablets!

The Following User Says Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barbados
We have been seeing this trend over the last couple of months and I can't really say how long it will continue. But I would advise that you keep checking the sites as a new shipment may arrive at anytime and then the prices will fall as has been happening.

Well, I've wanted a N810 since a while, and now I got money to buy one, but there isn't one available on the US Internet sites.

I did a comprehensive search and it's nowhere to find it.

They delete it from many of the sites where it was just yesterday.

In the Nokia US store is available to 'backorder'

So it's strange. Not just in Canada

PS 1: Since I don't live in the US/CA/Europe is almost the same for me to order from one country or the other.

PS2: I found it (and they say its 'back in stock') its on Expansys, but UK.

I think it's a fair deal, you may need to buy a different charger, but that's not difficult to find, it's a Nokia charger, just like any other.

PS3: Since on Europe is back on stock, maybe they effectivly run out of stock and now they are sending the stock to different parts of the world.

hey guys go to craigslist canada... precisly this week i went in there looking for a nokia n810 and it appears that there were some people selling brand new units.. about 330 dollars.. this is a fraction of the cost for what i paid for mine in december $ 500

The Following User Says Thank You to gtaguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by gtaguy View Post
hey guys go to craigslist canada... precisly this week i went in there looking for a nokia n810 and it appears that there were some people selling brand new units.. about 330 dollars.. this is a fraction of the cost for what i paid for mine in december $ 500
Thanks for the tip, but.......
I actually called the seller ($325 and $330) this morning and he had sold out of units! The others haven't returned my emails/calls. Kijiji was the same. Sadly, it would seem that the shortage applies to classifieds as well.

YARR!
}:^)~

Corruptarama

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by Camahueto View Post
Well, I've wanted a N810 since a while, and now I got money to buy one, but there isn't one available on the US Internet sites.

I did a comprehensive search and it's nowhere to find it.

They delete it from many of the sites where it was just yesterday.

In the Nokia US store is available to 'backorder'

So it's strange. Not just in Canada
For US: go to
http://www.buy.com/prod/nokia-n810-i...206228943.html

On the right side (Marketplace Buying Choices) $220 shipped still!