Active Topics

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
HELLO ALL..

I am a prod owner off a N810 for the past 2 years. Today I was out looking for a phone I could pair with my tablet.

I was SHOCKED to found out that sprint had a phone that becames a wireless router. The guy at the desk let me tried his phone. He enabled this feature on his phone and gave me his wep key.

There was no paring of any kind....once I was online, i verfied the speed. I loaded like 2 pages in a few seconds....i also loaded Canola and loaded internet radio....AND IT WORKED.

The phone was a HTC TOUCH PRO.....with a 300 dollar price tag....with a 100 + monthly plan....this is too MUCH!

I also went to at&t...were I was told that a 3G phone wasn't really 3G. A 3G phone is built on the edge system and then sometimes it uses the 3G network. At&t has 2 true 3G phones....the Blackberry Bold and the HTC Fuze.

I need some help please.

1. Is there any nokia phone that could do this?
> I wanted a nokia 5800 Music phone or a E71.

2. Is there a way to I could get around this $60 monthly thethering charge, is there a hack anyone know off?

THANKS

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
The Symbian app zehjotkah referred to has been available for Nokia phones for a good year if not more. The last time I saw E51 (one of the recent but more affordable Nokia phones) online it was a little over $200. 5800 and E71 can both run Joikuspot.
For more info I'd strongly advise you to check some Nokia/Symbian60 forums.

Last edited by stangri; 2009-03-15 at 22:39.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Joikuspot premium works a treat. I took it here. You can use the light version, too, free of charge, with some limitations (some ports blocked, mainly).

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Using both the WLAN and 3G on a mobile phone is a pretty good way to drain the battery dry very fast though, you're better off using bluetooth on my experience at least with Nokia phones (E51).

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Joikuspot seems to provide faster speeds than bluetooth, I agree about the battery drain though.

Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
Joikuspot seems to provide faster speeds than bluetooth, I agree about the battery drain though.
Okay, with all this helpful information i know what to do.
My wife is complaining AT&T not working in some part off Georgia....but Sprint is kicking azz any where she goes.

So am thinking about a HTC Touch Pro with Sprint...only because it is cheaper with $100 rebate.

Tags
3g phones, modem, wi-fi, wireless router