Active Topics

Can I buy a 32Gb micro SD card (with the adapter) and use in my N810 tablet? Are there any limitations? Can you advise particular 32Gb SD cards that work with N810 for sure?

Thanks!

Andrey.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by andrey999 View Post
Can I buy a 32Gb micro SD card (with the adapter) and use in my N810 tablet?
If you can find one, it should work fine.

Are there any limitations?
  • availability
  • bank account balance

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barbados
What he means to say is that 32GB microSD is not available currently. However, there is an adaptor available that allows you to use 32GB SD cards.

I can find several at here: http://www.buy.com/retail/usersearch...me&display=col

Is it not what I want?

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Those are all SD sized cards. The N810 uses miniSD, or microSD in a miniSD adapter. You best choice is micro in a mini adapter since miniSD isn't really supported anymore.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by andrey999 View Post
Is it not what I want?
They are not. The flash cards you've pointed to are regular, full-sized SD cards, not micro SD cards. They will not physically fit into the card slot in the N810.

A community member named craves1 does sell an adapter kit that will allow full-sized SD cards to be used with N810s.

If you want microSDs, which can fit in the N810's slot using a microSD->miniSD adapter, those are not what you want. Those are full-size SDs, such as fit in the N800, but are too big to fit in the N810.

A miniSD->SD adapter is available, from craves1 (search), which has one end that plugs into the card slot, a ribbon cable, and a full-size SD socket on the other end which goes under the battery door (which must be oversized to fit; you can either buy a custom metal one with the adapter, or modify the plastic one that comes with the Mugen 3600 mAh extended battery if you have that). If you have/get one of those adapters, then those 32GB SDs will work fine.

Ok I see,

is it the right card with the right adapter?

http://www.buy.com/prod/sandisk-16gb...209974827.html

Or can anyone point me to the site where I can buy a 16Gb card bundled with the right adapter?

Thanks!

Andrey.

No, you need a miniSD adapter, which will look like a miniSD card (http://images.google.com/images?q=minisd should turn up some pictures), and the description will probably say "miniSD", "mini SD", "mini-SD", or some variation. Given that the linked item has none of these characteristics, I doubt it's what you want...