Posts: 160 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Greece-Athens
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
After installing 0.9, I rebooted my device, and seleted Mer at the bootmenu. After displaying "starting linuxrc from Mer on external...", I get the Nokia splash screen and then the tablet reboots itself from flash back into Maemo. I've been using Mer since 0.7, and I did not have this problem when upgrading to 0.8. Any pointers? Thanks!
i have this problem, too, with 0.9. i' ll probably make a thread about this

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
I neglected to update my situation. I reinstalled mer using the link in the wiki the next day, and all went well after that.

Posts: 160 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Greece-Athens
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
I neglected to update my situation. I reinstalled mer using the link in the wiki the next day, and all went well after that.
What link you mean?
I used that: http://bsd.tspre.org/~stskeeps/merinstaller.install

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by [[ cold ]] View Post
EDIT: not working
Yeah, I gots no F'n Fn either

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
try: sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg and see if that lets the Fn key work.

You probably have the package xserver-xomap installed, which is actually better than xserver-xorg, but seems to have a bug with the Fn key.

just wondering. shouldn't the next release be mer 1.0 as opposed to mer .10..since that would mean you guys are jumping back 8 releases! (0.9 + 0.1 = 1.0)

Originally Posted by bigr3dd0g View Post
just wondering. shouldn't the next release be mer 1.0 as opposed to mer .10..since that would mean you guys are jumping back 8 releases! (0.9 + 0.1 = 1.0)
"I don't think that period means what you think it means."

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by bigr3dd0g View Post
This is how release numbers work it most wont be 1.0 until its well tested and out of beta. Works this way with all programs

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
i'm having trouble connecting in ad-hoc mode (i don't have a router, just a rt73 usb dongle), is it supposed to work right? no issues with maemo.
thanks in advance

ps device is a n810

Last edited by ernia; 2009-03-06 at 16:21.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
This is how release numbers work it most wont be 1.0 until its well tested and out of beta. Works this way with all programs
lol ok thanks for telling me! i was thinking "why does so many people see this but not say anything..must be something i don't know"

Tags
mer, mer release