Active Topics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UDFD4iROBQ

haha the comments are funny

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
i know it's biased. i know it isn't professional. i love it.

Sooo one sided... brilliant!

"Ok you have to turn the device, strange"

When navigating through the music. "Let's find something, how can I find"

"But how can I fast forward to the middle of a song?"

"Bit of a strange interface, but I guess you can get used to it"

The Following User Says Thank You to Rassilon7 For This Useful Post:
Hmmm, a 10 year Nokia employee comparing a Nokia product against something else. What could the outcome possibly be..?

The fact that he couldn't even figure out how to fast forward the music track showed that he hadn't taken the time to learn the product., whereas the N810 he knew inside and out (probably because he helped design/develop it?)

Way too much bias and an unfair review, IMO. I'm not a 'fanboy' but he made the Touch seem way worse than it actually is. (flame suit on).

Yes it was biased but the Touch gets a lot more advertising so I see this as readdressing the balance slightly.

Originally Posted by ukjeeper View Post
Hmmm, a 10 year Nokia employee comparing a Nokia product against something else. What could the outcome possibly be..?

The fact that he couldn't even figure out how to fast forward the music track showed that he hadn't taken the time to learn the product., whereas the N810 he knew inside and out (probably because he helped design/develop it?)

Way too much bias and an unfair review, IMO. I'm not a 'fanboy' but he made the Touch seem way worse than it actually is. (flame suit on).
haha weird didn't know he worked for nokia. Maybe he can tell us about the n900

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Sorry but he looks like those professors that creates monsters in their secret laboratories xD

Originally Posted by wazd View Post
Sorry but he looks like those professors that creates monsters in their secret laboratories xD
yea the first 10 seconds are kinda creepy

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ukjeeper View Post
The fact that he couldn't even figure out how to fast forward the music track showed that he hadn't taken the time to learn the product.
... as I said before: Yes, I agree the thing is totally biased (and I admit I love it because of this), but the part about the FF seems to be one of the more objective points he made.

Looking at the interface, I wouldn't know how to fast forward, either. If this is some hidden function you have to "learn", then the UI is broken. It's as simple as that.

The second thing in the video I think is absolutely true is when he complains about the keyboard. Having used both an iPod Touch and an iPhone, I can only agree. I don't know what this 'keyboard' was designed for, but it certainly wasn't typing. (The guy used landscape mode in the video, which makes it even easier... sometimes the keyboard pops up in portrait mode, it's just impossible to use then.)

They've improved the player ui recently (or at least I only recently upgraded my gf's one) as in the old days I used to try tapping the volume slider expecting that to be the position in the track. Now at least they have two sliders, and you can sit and watch it moving to try to guess which is which