Active Topics

I have had my n810 for almost 2 weeks. I bought mine for #1 Skype #2 GPS #3 music... I hooked my n810 to my car with a 3.5mm cable that plugs directly into the stereo . Wow i am Impressed the sound is top quality!

everybody knows how to download music on limewire(I own the pay version of limewire pro 5) or i tunes. forget all the spam and crappy quality of music.

I am now getting my music from www.youtube.com and im happy with the quality/selection there. and u can listen to it before you dl. its free. lots of people are now listing to music on youtube.

youtube videos are now in highquality.. to see any youtube video in High Quality add "&fmt=18" to the end of the URL
it works on all youtube videos here is an example

normal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwBqf...e=channel_page

high quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwBqf...el_page&fmt=18

Here is how to download highquality mp4 files from youtube

you dont have to download anything (besides the music ofcorse)

1. Find a nice song on youtube with good quality audio
2. Go to http://www.file2hd.com/
3. put the URL of the youtube video
4. check the movies icon , then click Get files
5. click on the highquailtymp4 file and save it . give it a name too

Now you have an mp4 video file. I convert mine to digital auto MP4 files with nero burning rom witch is about 3-4 times bigger than an mp3. you can convert them to mp3's if you think space is more important than sound quality

open up nero burning rom. click on extras then encode files add the files and convert to mp3/mp4 slect high quality under settings. then click go

i downloaded a playlist of almost 90 songs from youtube .this morning. only 2 songs didnt work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shootermcgaven2 For This Useful Post:
update:
I just tryed the www.file2hd.com websight on my n810 . downloaded a video off youtube and played in on the defult media player. neat-o!

The Following User Says Thank You to shootermcgaven2 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the link, that'll come in handy. I had another one but it stopped working on pretty much any site I tried to use it on.

There's an app called myTube for the n8x0 which makes searching, browsing and viewing youtube vids much faster and easier. You can't see comments and all the extra stuff on the page, since you're not seeing the page. It's pretty much the star rating and the name, with a small thumbnail of the vid, but the app uses mplayer to play the vids and so is much better than the browser at the viewing aspect; it removes choppiness completely, and gives better control over the volume.

You can also download the vids with or without viewing them, (keep an eye on the mytube/.cache though, it holds vids for I don't know how long).

mytube is a well done app, all around.

Joe

Last edited by Justjoe; 2009-02-11 at 22:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Justjoe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by Justjoe View Post
You can also download the vids with or without viewing them, (keep an eye on the mytube/.cache though, it holds vids for I don't know how long).

mytube is a well done app, all around.

Joe

This might be a dumb question but is there a way to manually clear these files? It is just I find them all shower up in Mplayer which can be annoying and messy. Thank you.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Or, you can, you know, use BitTorrent and gets some FLAC goodness. Why the hell would you manually find and download one song video at a time, reconvert to just sound, and organize into an album.

Limewire is a fish in a basket, but BitTorrent is usually good. Or just buy the CD...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I use this method.

Bookmark this javascript:if(document.location.href.match(/http:\/\/[a-zA-Z\.]*youtube\.com\/watch/)){document.location.href='http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt=22&video_id='+swfArgs['video_id']+'&t='+swfArgs['t']}

When u got to the video page on youtube..... just click on this bookmark. You will get a prompt to save file.... and viola you can save the hd version.

Only works for the HD videos... there are different codes for HQ and normal files.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
How do you bookmark a javascript?

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Or, you can, you know, use BitTorrent and gets some FLAC goodness. Why the hell would you manually find and download one song video at a time, reconvert to just sound, and organize into an album.
Because the former is illegal and the latter presumably just against Google policies[1].

But it's true, they are ethically equal.

[1] I am not a lawyer, just like playing one on the Internet

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Originally Posted by Asterixnz View Post
This might be a dumb question but is there a way to manually clear these files? It is just I find them all shower up in Mplayer which can be annoying and messy. Thank you.
You can delete them easily in xterm. Under "Utilities" you'll find a program named "X Terminal." That's the one to use.

If you want to delete the vids singly, then remember or write down the path to the file from the simple mplayer gui, and then type "rm" and then that path to file, (in xterm, including the filename) and that should do it. That's how to delete them singly, to delete everything in the .cache file, just delete the .cache file and then the next time you start mytube that .cache file will be created automatically.

Here's a step by step recap of the above:

A) For single deletions:

1) remember or write down the path to file by viewing it in the simple mplayer gui. Let's say it's /media/mmc1/mtube/.cache/XXyy/film.flv
2) open xterm
3) type:

Code:
rm /media/mmc1/mtube/.cache/XXyy/film.flv
4) hit enter. If everything goes well, you'll get no response other than a new line and when you restart the simple mplayer gui, the vid will no longer be there.

that's for individual file deletion. Or...

B) To delete all of those files at once, first find the path to the .cache file by reading it in the simple mplayer gui. Say it's /media/mmc1/mtube/.cache

Open X Terminal and type:

Code:
rm -r /media/mmc1/mtube/.cache
and hit enter. (Notice there's a "-r" after the "rm" in the instance where you want to delete the .cache directory, but not the instance where you delete the individual vid. Please be careful when dealing with the "rm -r" -- careful that you type the path correctly). Success means no response but a new line. The now deleted .cache directory will be automatically recreated when you restart mytube.

Joe.

Btw, rm command just means "remove." So typing:
Code:
rm path-to-file
wil delete the file. Type "man rm" in google to read more about it.

Last edited by Justjoe; 2009-06-10 at 02:52.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by Justjoe View Post
You can delete them easily in xterm. Under "Utilities" you'll find a program named "X Terminal." That's the one to use.

If you want to delete the vids singly, then remember or write down the path to the file from the simple mplayer gui, and then type "rm" and then that path to file, (in xterm, including the filename) and that should do it. That's how to delete them singly, to delete everything in the .cache file, just delete the .cache file and then the next time you start mytube that .cache file will be created automatically.

Here's a step by step recap of the above:

A) For single deletions:

1) remember or write down the path to file by viewing it in the simple mplayer gui. Let's say it's /media/mmc1/mtube/.cache/XXyy/film.flv
2) open xterm
3) type:

Code:
rm /media/mmc1/mtube/.cache/XXyy/film.flv
4) hit enter. If everything goes well, you'll get no response other than a new line and when you restart the simple mplayer gui, the vid will no longer be there.

that's for individual file deletion. Or...

B) To delete all of those files at once, first find the path to the .cache file by reading it in the simple mplayer gui. Say it's /media/mmc1/mtube/.cache

Open X Terminal and type:

Code:
rm -r /media/mmc1/mtube/.cache
and hit enter. (Notice there's a "-r" after the "rm" in the instance where you want to delete the .cache directory, but not the instance where you delete the individual vid. Please be careful when dealing with the "rm -r" -- careful that you type the path correctly). Success means no response but a new line. The now deleted .cache directory will be automatically recreated when you restart mytube.

Joe.
Justjoe you champ!

Thanks mate. Huge help. Much appreciated. Still learning here. Just out of curiousity....does this cache just keep building and building until the above is done or does it clear itself at some point. It seems like you could fill a card pretty fast with lots of youtube if it just keeps building. Thank you again.

Tags
mytube cache