Notices

Hi,

I had the last version of Canola installed, and saw the update icon on my N810. I upgraded and lost the Video icon. I checked the Canola site and followed these instructions on a second try of the install - http://openbossa.indt.org/canola/install_second.html - but still no Video icon. I read somewhere on here about running Canola cleanup, so I uninstalled again, ran the cleanup, then followed the instructions from the link above... but still no video tab.

What's up???

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ São Paulo
Just to be sure, after running the cleanup program, you installed canola2 beta11, right ?

Yes, that's the one!

Originally Posted by endymoon View Post
Yes, that's the one!
Ok then, so we'll have to figure out why this is happening. Do you know how to use the terminal? If you do, could you run 'canola -vvv > /media/mmc2/canola.log' and send me that log by email ?

Also, did Canola2-Cleanup finish without any errors ?

Hi! I'm having the same problem after install the last beta11, but also the other plugins are not loaded. I'm attaching the log file I got when starting canola from the terminal, hope it helps!

By the way, I also uninstalled using canola-cleanup, with no errors.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: gz canola.log.tar.gz (4.6 KB, 136 views)

Hi,

Sorry, I'm quite new at this (N810) and have not used the terminal before. I ended up reflashing the OS to get a fresh start - and now can only find the Beta 9? Where did 11 go?

LOL - should I just wait for the official release (is that coming out soon?)

Thanks!

I got it! Forgot that I had to add the extras-devel library (that I had before I reflashed but forgot to add back). I don't know if something conflicted with the Video icon in the past, but I just upgraded from beta 9 to beta 11 and it's there now!

Right off the bat - it loaded MUCH quicker this time around (compared to beta 9). Looking forward to checking it out some more!

Originally Posted by rabarkar View Post
Hi! I'm having the same problem after install the last beta11, but also the other plugins are not loaded. I'm attaching the log file I got when starting canola from the terminal, hope it helps!

By the way, I also uninstalled using canola-cleanup, with no errors.

Thanks for the help!
Weird, it seems some of the packages are missing. Could you please check if python2.5-downloadmanager is installed ? (you can run from a terminal 'dpkg -l python2.5-downloadmanager')

The Following User Says Thank You to lfelipe For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply, it seems I have python2.5-downloadmanager, as this is the exit of the dpkg:

Code:
/home/user # dpkg -l python2.5-downloadmanager
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                          Version                       Description
+++-=============================-=============================-==============================
ii  python2.5-downloadmanager     0.2.5-maemo2                  Download and cache manager.
I've update the canola cleanup script, erased everything and reinstalled and plugins are not loaded, I'll keep trying, if I got something, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the help!

Originally Posted by rabarkar View Post
Thanks for the reply, it seems I have python2.5-downloadmanager, as this is the exit of the dpkg:

Code:
/home/user # dpkg -l python2.5-downloadmanager
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                          Version                       Description
+++-=============================-=============================-==============================
ii  python2.5-downloadmanager     0.2.5-maemo2                  Download and cache manager.
I've update the canola cleanup script, erased everything and reinstalled and plugins are not loaded, I'll keep trying, if I got something, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the help!
There was a user having the same problems as you, and it turned out he had some of the chinook repositories enabled.
Is this the case for you ?

The Following User Says Thank You to lfelipe For This Useful Post:

Tags
canola, no video, video