Active Topics

does anybody know how to connect through wpa2 encryption for a n810.....thanks a lot in advance

Last edited by homsupjai; 2008-12-27 at 07:52. Reason: spelled wpa2 incorrectly

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Select the network you want to connect to then enter your key.

whats up the general,

thanks for the reply, but i reallly ddon't think it is that eaasy because when i go into settings-->control panel-->conectivity, thhen i follow the prompts on the connections pop up then i do as you say and pick a network then i click on edit after selectinng edit another window pops up then i click next to go to the nxt page where i encounter my dilemma after clicking the drop doown arrow for "security method" there is NO wpa2 to select......what do ii do now!?!?!?!?!?

thanks for you input general,

homsupjai

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
Originally Posted by homsupjai View Post
whats up the general,

thanks for the reply, but i reallly ddon't think it is that eaasy because when i go into settings-->control panel-->conectivity, thhen i follow the prompts on the connections pop up then i do as you say and pick a network then i click on edit after selectinng edit another window pops up then i click next to go to the nxt page where i encounter my dilemma after clicking the drop doown arrow for "security method" there is NO wpa2 to select......what do ii do now!?!?!?!?!?

thanks for you input general,

homsupjai
Don't let it make you nuts -- "WPA2" is WPA with better encryption -- you can use a "password 8-64 characters in length", (which implies WPA2 and AES encryption).

There's a startlingly bad Wikipedia link at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WPA2.

You can verify this at the last step by hitting the "Advanced" button on the last step, switching to the "Other" tab, and select "WPA2-Only" mode....

Currently, OS2008 only supports home networks and not corporate WPA2 networks that require PEAP keys. This is a registered, but mainly ignored bug by Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to johndoe32102002 For This Useful Post:
there is a possibility to use wpa2 with root certificate (PEAP) but its a bit ugly:

first you have to install the certificate you want to use via the certificate manager. After that you can follow the instructions at

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...7367#post61755

(Rtalian's entry)

to set your connection properties.

for me there was another glitch then:

I have to save my password in the connection properties, otherwise the authorization will not work.