Notices

I tried updating to the latest version of Canola 2 beta9 but got the message "unable to install canola2. Some application packages are missing". I then used Canola cleanup to uninstall canola and reinstall directly from Canola website. I still get the same message. I checked my applications catalouge and it does not contain "maemo exta devel" just "maemo Extra". Can anyone help?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
start installing it and right before you hit the 'ok' button, tap the 'details' button then the 'install' tab. This will let you know what package is not avaliable to install.

Make sure you have 'chinook' listed as the distribution on both 'maemo Base' and 'maemo Extras'

Many thanks for the quick respose. Applications package missing are:
python2.5-terra (>=0.1.7-maemo2)
canolad (>=0.1.3-maemo5)
libfreetype6 (>=2.3.5)
libssl0.9.8 (>=0.9.8e-1)
Where do I get these?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
I am assuming you are using Diablo as your OS.
Try changing just your 'maemo Extras' distribution to 'blank' as on have nothing in that slot.
Make sure you have all other Repos save the nokia and maemo ones disabled.

I have a Nokia 800 on OS2008. When you say blank do you mean disabled or deleted? What are Repos? The application catalouge only shows Nokia and Maemo appliactions.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
"Repos" is the short form of "repositories". This is how it's usually called in the Linux world, so many people use this term on the tablet as well. Nokia calls them application catalogues. Well, actually a repository is a server where the software packages are stored for download, and the catalogue is the list of available software from that server.
OS 2008 comes with the maemo-extras repository preinstalled, but deactivated.
Setting the distribution to blank means that you open the dialog window for the application catalogues and edit the maemo entry. There is an entry box for "distribution". Remove the text from it, if there is any in it. A repository can contain packages for different OS versions, and the "distribution" field tells which OS version you want software for. Leaving that field blank uses the default, i.e. automatically lists the packages built for your OS version.

I cannot upgrade either and I have the exact same problem as rogerdunna. I'm using Chinook and my Extras repository entry says:
catalog name: maemo Extras
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras/
Distribution:[blank]
Components:free non-free
Disabled: [unchecked]

Last edited by raiders; 2008-12-11 at 19:34.

Thanks pycage for the information. My Extras repository entries are identical to what raiders i.e., distribution is blank. I am using Chinnok too.

i am having the exact same problem with the same missing application packages. any ideas why this is happening?? i have my maemo extras settings as described.