Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Lake Forest, Ca.
I have a bunch of short tutorial videos that I'd like to watch one after another without having to select the next one every time, Is there a way to select more that one video to play?
TIA

This can be achieved with mplayer. Mplayer (assuming you have it installed, it is highly recommended) allows you to play a movie playlist. A playlist is simply a list of files that you want to play in the order you want to play them.

By using xterm, you can put your movies in a directory called "myMovies" and run the following which will automatically create a playlist and launch mplayer to play the files in alphanumeric order:

cd mymovies;ls |grep -v list|sort > list;mplayer -playlist list

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
MediaBox 0.96 will have the ability to make playlists for videos. But this version is not yet released and is expected to come by the end of this year.

Knots has this feature, you can queue your files to a playlist and then play them in a row. It may be a little overkill to install it for just local playing though.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
The way i get it done is..

Make a playlist using the default media player and then open with kmplayer. which is a backend for mplayer.