Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
These have been around for a little while, but I wanted to create a home for questions on festival

http://penguinbait.com/festival-multi.deb
Festival with All Voices 20MB Dowload, 50MB uncompressed (35MB on flash)

http://penguinbait.com/festival-spanish.deb
Festival with Spanish only 4MB Dowload, 12MB uncompressed (8MB on flash)

Gnuite release maemo-mapper 2.5.2 which now supports replacing flite with a script. Both versions above supply the script to allow maemo mapper to read (spanish/American Female and more).

For more info, visit tablethacker.com
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Brasilia, Brazil
No luck here. I followed the instructions on tablethacker.com. App Manager says is impossible to install festival-spanish.deb.
Setup here is: Maemo-Mapper 2.5.3, flite 1.3, OS 43-7.
Any help?

same for me: cant install festival-spanish.deb, nor festival-multi.deb.

I want to use it with navit: flite works fine but i need my tts to read italian sentences: thought festival could....

N810 - OS2008 - 4.2008.23-14

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Thanks Penguinbait once again for this.

I was growing tired of how awful flite sounded. I believe it's even worse than my Commodore 64 SAM voice program that I had 20+ years ago. Not to date myself.

But, now that I install the new voices, it's slower than molasses. I've tried using the different voices by remarking them in the "flite" script file one by one but I can't really see too much difference in speed. Is there a method to speed this up or do I have it installed incorrectly?

Thanks in advance.