Active Topics

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Hearing about the new devices makes me think.

What would you like to do with super powerful hardware and your own personal development team?

Are there any activities you would want to do which you cannot do easily right now (for whatever reason)?

It doesnt have to be feasible or practical, but have you ever thought "wouldn't it be cool to..."

I personally think it would be cool to have a hand held animation studio to bring my sketches to life, for you it might be playing direct dvd images, or managing your evil empire.

be creative.

Nothing fancy, just a solid PIM to forever replace my Palm Pilot (without clumsy emulation).

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by boblinds View Post
Nothing fancy, just a solid PIM to forever replace my Palm Pilot (without clumsy emulation).
i believe that sits in the managing your evil empire slot

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
i don't want anything more advanced than an small, pocketable, personal teleportation device (with electronic logging).

...oh, and it should have a built-in mp3 player, as well.

Last edited by briand; 2008-11-18 at 18:32. Reason: almost forgot about travel tunes!!

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
For me - two things:
Internet browser and pdf reader with liqbase's kinetic scrolling behaviour @ super speed.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by XTC View Post
For me - two things:
Internet browser and pdf reader with liqbase's kinetic scrolling behaviour @ super speed.
Sounds like you're waiting for Fremantle.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I want a really nice video camera, that can either save to any kind of attached media in one of several codecs, with a no-brainer upload-to-cloud-service function, or stream out live on http. It would be really cool if the streaming part of the app would be able to adapt the bitrate dynamically to available bandwidth (with a warning about quality if your bandwidth drops too low). (This should also be integrated into the video chat function, so you can have a two-way video conference with nice clear video.)

I dream of a video tool that will change the face of journalism / blogging forever.

Last edited by qole; 2008-11-18 at 19:53. Reason: typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I want a really nice video camera, that can either save to any kind of attached media in one of several codecs, with a no-brainer upload-to-cloud-service function, or stream out live on http. It would be really cool if the streaming part of the app would be able to adapt the bitrate dynamically to available bandwidth (with a warning about quality if your bandwidth drops too low). (This should also be integrated into the video chat function, so you can have a two-way video conference with nice clear video.)

I dream of video tool that will change the face of journalism / blogging forever.
Hmmm... I have not used it, but doesn't Jaffa's mediautils transcode on the fly - perhaps something like that could make its way into our hands natively...

And, I have to comment - The General's new avatar is much friendlier looking - more in line with his new community council chair role...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
video out, usb host port with ability to fully power devices, and a fully open source software environment...

It would be awesome to have IR. You could totally turn your NIT into a universal remote that'd beat any Logitech Harmony remote hands down.

...hmm, the things that you could control with your NIT... TV, media center, blue ray player, xbox/ps3...

jbk