So, i've decided to pick up an n810, but the question is:

Without the wiMAX XOHM service available in my area (Orlando, FL) with also the possibility of it NEVER being available in my area, should I still buy the wiMAX edition for those extra meters of service? Without the wimax service, are the two internet tablet connections the same? Does the wimax edition have better signal strength for wifi? What about better signal strength all together?

This has been discussed a lot; you could use the search function to find out more. From your questions, I'm afraid you're not even sure what you're trying to ask.

The N810W is, as far as anyone can tell, just an N810 with a WiMAX radio and antenna, and the top back panel bulged something like 2 mm to accomodate them.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
This has been discussed a lot; you could use the search function to find out more. From your questions, I'm afraid you're not even sure what you're trying to ask.

The N810W is, as far as anyone can tell, just an N810 with a WiMAX radio and antenna, and the top back panel bulged something like 2 mm to accomodate them.
The main difference to most users not in WiMax coverage - It's a different color.
PLEASE use the Wiki

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gemniii42 For This Useful Post:
Black and orange for Halloween? Or for Harley Davidson (considering I tend to use mine on my motorcycle...)

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
The main difference to most users not in WiMax coverage - It's a different color.
Hmm, I'm sure some people would happily casemod the colour of a NIT for.. 150 USD or so

I'm working with XOHM and I'm slated to get a Nokia N810 WiMAX sometime soon.

Hopefully I can answer some of your questions once it comes in.

The Following User Says Thank You to XOHMGuy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Annapolis, MD, USA
I just got my WiMax N810 and its great. I live near Baltimore but haven't had a chance to get there to try out Xohm, and I haven't found Xohm in NoVA though I heard some say its here in NoVA. But... the black color is better than the plain blue!

Answering an earlier question.. main difference between the two are:

- colour
- the bulge on the back
- One has wimax and one does not

there is no delta on wifi signal strength between the two...

so main decision factor is, do you need WiMax ?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I feel phone + n810 is a far better combination. One speial advantage is to use the phone for a2dp and browse the tablet via the phone's bluetooth.

So it does not use the excessive horse power to do both thereby having a great experience and also good battery life.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Phone + N810 works if you've got a phone that will pair with the N810. That's not as common as most would say.

It's not the case for me at all. And I'm part of the 1.1 million with a particular OSX based phone. I don't mind using my N810 with only wifi... plenty of places to hook into.