Active Topics

I wish Amazon would make a similar app for Maemo and other platforms (apart from Google Android) where we can buy music straight from the Tablet from Amazon MP3 web site.

For those like me who buy music from non iTunes, non-drm'd Amazon site - this is a great value add.

I mean - you buy music from the tablet - store on the tablet and listen to it on the tablet - a one device to shop and listen.

Would Amazon need to? I thought you could buy through their website with a normal browser. If so, someone could always write a program to do it that way...

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Would Amazon need to? I thought you could buy through their website with a normal browser. If so, someone could always write a program to do it that way...
For single mp3's that's correct, but for full mp3 albums Amazon "encourages" downloading some kind of program. They now have a version for Ubuntu Gutsy and Debian 4 Etch as well as OpenSuse and Fedora. See link here

The Following User Says Thank You to jcharpak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I have had trouble playing the previews on the tablet.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
The maintainer of the debian package, maybe you can bug them :P

Maintainer: Amazon MP3 <amd-linux AT amazon DOT com>

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Make sure to remind them that the N800 has a 4 star average review on their site, and the N810 is in top 10 computing devices!

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
What an age old hackneyed statement is that ...

Point is nobody does write it and hence I would like to see Amazon writing it since it makes them sell more from their site. They are the most profited from writing such an app themselves.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
I often find that I must edit the tags of the Amazon mp3 downloads, so downloading them to my Ubuntu first and then editing suits me. Additionally, I can include an album cover in the directory which Canola readily picks up.

Even the brand new Palm Pre seems to come with Amazon MP3 built in into it
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/photos...-tour/1273838/

Why doesn't Nokia work with Amazon - cause Nokia phones (at least S60 if not Maemo) is a huge base for Amazon to sell directly to...

Is it possible to play mp3s on the amazon kindle too? I have purchased real albums before but I haven't came across downloadable albums - can someone point me in the right direction?