Notices

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Hi All,

I've been researching what it would take to add automatic cover art fetching to my application, Tabletbridge and found a good example. It compiles and runs on the tablet fine so I thought I would ask to see if there was any interest in it. If so, I can package it up and put it in extras. The application is Coverfinder - it takes a search query and then downloads covers from Amazon. I used an older version of the application due to library requirements, 0.1.1. The covers can be saved to the tablet's file system.

Name:  shot-2008-09-24-08-19-01.jpg
Views: 1676
Size:  23.9 KB

thanks,
Frank

I'd be interested in it. It would save me time.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

FYI: Got the deb built yesterday, got the garage project approved today. I'll upload to the autobuilder next. Once that works, it will be in extras.

Frank

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
when you select a cover from it do you have the option of what size and name? becase canola use cover.jpg and cover-small.jpg

How long it will take to be in Extras?

There is no size option, but location and name are up to you.

Frank

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
when you select a cover from it do you have the option of what size and name? becase canola use cover.jpg and cover-small.jpg

I'm guessing I'll have it in extras-devel tonight and after a bit of testing I'll get it in extras the following day.

The autobuilder worked, but I have some touchups to do before it makes it to the extras-devel repository.

Originally Posted by markku View Post
How long it will take to be in Extras?
Frank

what size image does it download? and will i be able to specify a location such as /home/user/.canola/covers/"artist"/"album" ?

The size is whatever amazon.com has, but they tend to be a maximum of 500x500 pixels in my experience. I don't recall if it supported .folders but that seems like a useful feature for Canola users. In fact a "Save For Canola" option might be useful where it automatically saves in the format/location Canola expects.

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
what size image does it download? and will i be able to specify a location such as /home/user/.canola/covers/"artist"/"album" ?
Frank

well for canola its /home/user/.canola/covers and inside that there is a folder for each artist and inside each of those folders is all the albums by that artist...these are the folders that the cover.jpgs would go but for canola it takes 2....cover.jpg (for now playing view and large album select view) and cover-small.jpg (for the cover-flow-like view)