Notices

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I have had several people ask for a Tutorial on how to make a theme I hope I did a good job on how to use the Theme Maker Program. If people need help on how to edit the file that will be harder because I will have to teach them how to edit a file which I can do but I didn't try to do in this tutorial. This one is a simple how to make a theme file use theme maker.

I out the Tutorial in the wiki here at itT I tired to use the Maemo.org wiki also but I gave up after several atempts. I don't know if there wiki doesn't like IE7 but thats all I have at work so it was a no go.

I would also like to ask Reggie to make a new Theme Section for the site. Since I feel most theme posts get lost other parts. Them move this post and other Recent Theme Posts to that section.

How to Edit Theme Tutorial

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Hi andrewfblack, thanks for the Maemo theme maker tutorial on the Wiki, I know you probably don't want to go through how to edit the NuvoPearl-template.psd theme template but if you could that would be awsome.

Cheers

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I'm going to work on a theme this weekend, should be fun, thanks for the direction and instructions.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32452 This is my newest how to for themes its a lot better.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Thanks for this instruction. will be helpful when i start theming.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Thanks!

Ive been looking for this so i can help aout the maemo community!

Anyway you could put together some "comparison" slides as to what pieces of the psd show up where on the actual ui when in action? This would cut out some of the trial and error.

You know what would be sick, if we made the psd with vectors i.e. rounded rectangle tool etc. This way we just need to adjust those elements instead rather then draw over the current psd!

Use of folders and good naming would be great too! This would increase themes for sure!

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
You know what would be sick, if we made the psd with vectors i.e. rounded rectangle tool etc. This way we just need to adjust those elements instead rather then draw over the current psd!

Use of folders and good naming would be great too! This would increase themes for sure!
I have an svg of the default theme that makes editing easier if you want a copy of it also I'm working on a tutorial theme that is a theme you install on n900 to help you figure out what element on the theme goes where on the device.

Did you get my message about an icon set for a maemo.org them I'm working on.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
I have an svg of the default theme that makes editing easier if you want a copy of it also I'm working on a tutorial theme that is a theme you install on n900 to help you figure out what element on the theme goes where on the device.

Did you get my message about an icon set for a maemo.org them I'm working on.
Hey,

if its possible I would like that tutorial theme + icon set when there done.

Thanks in advance!