Active Topics

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Switzerland
Hi,

after installing the latest OS2008 feature upgrade two things happen:

1\ the device randomly reboots without interaction from me
2\ I am using the device mainly with as media streamer with a Twonky server. Whenever a song plays and the screen turns of after a minute, the next song will not play unless the screen turns on.

This is very annoying. It worked perfectly before. Is this a known problem already?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to hirte_7 For This Useful Post:
I've also noted that my N800 was turned off for no reason when I pulled it out of my pocket. This has happened quite a few times now, and I have checked it each time to make sure it was locked before putting it away. The battery is still fully charged, so it's not that. Something is causing it to shut off on it's own now. Did they add in a new "shutdown after X time on standby" feature that we don't know about?

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Modest is borked in a new and more annoying way. It is never able to complete a retrieval scan. So rather than telling me I have new mail and crashing, it's getting stuck and I don't get new mail notification at all. In fact I have to killall modest just to get ANY updates.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Switzerland
To let you know: I removed the feature upgrade again and now everything is fine again.

I would strongly recommend to NOT INSTALL this feature upgrade.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by hirte_7 View Post
To let you know: I removed the feature upgrade again and now everything is fine again.

I would strongly recommend to NOT INSTALL this feature upgrade.
I'd love to remove this feature un-upgrade, but I can't. Application Mangler won't let me.

I agree with your recommendation however.

It bricked my n810. I'll be restored, but it is really annoying. And app manager also insisted there were upgrades for each individual bit, but couldn't do it because the installed version WAS the depended on version.

I think what we need is the possibility to run a virtual N8x0 device on our desktop computers, then we could do (and re-do and re-do..) all kind of deep testing of, among other things, these updates/upgrades. I hope I understood that qemu project (mentioned in another thread) correctly, and that it will make possible exactly this.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
What we need is a large group of people who are willing to be beta testers to see what works, rather than the entire community.
With so much beta software being used conflicts should be expected.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
You guys made me really really scare. I upgraded the thing for N810 last night and have been using it for about 8 hrs. Keep my fingers cross, no unusual activities yet. Faster, snappier, better........have NOT appreciate any of those yet either. About products: 4.2008.30-2. If nothing else, the upgrade made me redo my bootmenu ritual, as just in any other upgrades.

bun

Originally Posted by brontide View Post
.... and I don't get new mail notification at all.
I'm having this problem too. I can send and receive mail just fine. But I keep waiting and waiting for the little blue light to flash...... nothing.

I have to start up Modest to get a refresh to see my new messages.

very frustrating.