Active Topics

Hello everyone, today I had a problem with my Nokia 770. When I was browsing the web on my Nokia N770, it started lagging when I was touching a screen with that stick constantly because as usually I hear a ticking sound when I touch a button or punch the screen, but this time I didnt hear any ticking sound and Nokia N770 Restarted by itself for not reason ( it seemed for odd reason that it fried, like computers do sometimes).. It kind of scared me.. Than when it restarted and loaded again, I opened a web page and closes it (just to check it out how it will work this time) . When I closed a page, Nokia 770 restarted again...(It never happened before) ... So far everything works fine... But, can someone tell me please why did it restart two times in a row??.... Not enought memory ?????

Also, again today it lagged and restarted when I clcked to search for connection .. It happened two imtes in a row??? whats going on with my nokia 770?

Today I did an update and it seemed like it works fine now but I am still not sure if it will stay like that.... beacseu it can restart any time.. work for couple of days tahn restart... or it can work for a day than restart at some point..
I am really looking for someone to give their oponion??? Do you guys think it was a Firmware problem than a hardware??

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
Well to start off what OS are you using?
Do you have your swap on?
What programs are installed?
Are you booting off the MMC?
Even really smart people (I am not claiming to be one) could not answer your problem from just the information you gave above.

Hello and thank you for trying to answer my question. This time I will try to explain my situation
I am using the latest 3.2006.49-2 OS.
Whats a swap?
I dont have any programs installed exept what came with OS.
I think I am booting from the internal memory, but I am not sure.. How can I check??? I have 2 gb mmc card..

My Nokia 770 was acting strange sometimes, not all the times... I could browse the internet for hours/ days than randomly I would punch something on the screen.. (Whether to open another browser window or whether to connect to the internet). My nokia would freeze for 1-2 secounds and turn white than restart.... Same thing happened to my already 4 times.. It happens when I usually either punch the screen to look for connetions or I browse the net..

So far today I alreayd upgraded the same Firmware 3.2006.49-2 OS, so far it works fine without any restarting... but again I am not sure how long its going to last....

I really though its not enough memory but My mmc card for 2 gb is only 7 % in used (storage memeory in use 145.1 MB), Storage memory avaialbe 1.76 GB
and
My Device memory is 11% in use ( storage memory in use 7.85 MB) and storage memroy avaialbe 60.5 MB

I have virtual memeory 64 MB available and its ON

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Hello:
What sites were you on when the lag occured?
Also did you install the memory corruption bug fix i.e.:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=11824

I have found that the Opera browser has trouble with some pages (especially slow in "optimized view")

I would suggest re-flashing and installing the memory bug fix (download the bug fix to your 2 gig card before re-flashing so you can install it without having to go on-line)

have fun
ben

The Following User Says Thank You to n9ots For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
Interesting, I had some of these problems with OS 2006 but never much
You can try seatbelt it helped me.
Or you can try installing a Hacker Edition, you can get 2007 or 2008.

Oh so before with OS 2006 your nokia restarted also for no reason???? But what os are you using now ... would you recoment me try installing 2007 OS.

I installed seatbelt, but havent noticed anything but so far Nokai 770 does not restart.

Originally Posted by n9ots View Post
Hello:
What sites were you on when the lag occured?
Also did you install the memory corruption bug fix i.e.:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=11824

I have found that the Opera browser has trouble with some pages (especially slow in "optimized view")

I would suggest re-flashing and installing the memory bug fix (download the bug fix to your 2 gig card before re-flashing so you can install it without having to go on-line)

have fun
ben
The first time when It restarted I was on Chat but Yesterday I took my Nokia 770 took the silver cam off, took the stylus and as soon as I clicked inthe top right corner search for connection.. my Nokai 770 froze and restarted. Than, after it restarted i went to search for connection, and it restarted again .... After that it didnt resstart.. but this morning i uprated the OS to the same versoion OS 2006 (latest)

I would appreciate any comment and suggestions.