If I were to upload the OS on my N800 from 2007 to 2008, would I still be able to use the FM radio offline?

Yes, you would.

ehm sorry for the newbie question, but with Diablo I cannot really install the fm radio...AppMan says there are incompatibilities...?
What can I do?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I think I saw fmradio in the Diablo repository applications list. I haven't tried it out, though, since I use MediaBox for the FM radio. Did you add a Chinook repository in the Application Manager? That could be a source of conflict.

Btw:
The FM radio is a standard V4L device (V4L=Video for Linux, a kernel interface for controlling TV and FM radio boards) on the N800 and I really wonder why there exist only 2 applications for controlling it.
There's even a Python module available for controlling the FM radio.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
I think I saw fmradio in the Diablo repository applications list. I haven't tried it out, though, since I use MediaBox for the FM radio. Did you add a Chinook repository in the Application Manager? That could be a source of conflict.

Btw:
The FM radio is a standard V4L device (V4L=Video for Linux, a kernel interface for controlling TV and FM radio boards) on the N800 and I really wonder why there exist only 2 applications for controlling it.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
FM Radio is installable directly from the default Diablo repositories...at least it's how I installed it a few weeks ago...

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Btw:
I tried the xmms v4l plugin and pointed it to /dev/radio0 and could never get it to work.

The Nokia fmradio app messes up connections to bluetooth headsets so I just install the nokia fmradio, use it to download my channel lists for the UK and then edit the prerm in /var/lib/dpkg/info/fmradio.prerm and remove the gconftool line. Then I remove fmradio and install mediabox. And then I can use the radio brilliantly through mediabox with the channel lists.

fmradio is in the diablo repos:
http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com...ser/f/fmradio/

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
The Nokia fmradio app messes up connections to bluetooth headsets so I just install the nokia fmradio, use it to download my channel lists for the UK and then edit the prerm in /var/lib/dpkg/info/fmradio.prerm and remove the gconftool line. Then I remove fmradio and install mediabox. And then I can use the radio brilliantly through mediabox with the channel lists.
Just out of interest: does this work together with the bluetooth headsets then, when using MediaBox?