Poll: How do you like Diablo?
Poll Options
How do you like Diablo?

I am just wondering...is it worth it to update to diablo? I mean...I heard it crashes and all that....but is there any chance of completely screwing up the device(Man, I sound like a noob<wait, I am a noob>. I come from iPod touch where any single jailbreak could be fatal). So, I would like some feedback from the people who updated successfully(and unsuccessfully, I am sorry guys) about Diablo. Is it worth updating?

Thanks!

Few days left until I get my n810!

No problems with the apps I use but I had to use the Chinook repository for Extra.

I updated, but it still has some bugs that need to be fixed! - Just like chinook had the odd one too. Definitely worthwhile updating though, if only for the ease of updates from now on - WiFi-updatey-goodness!

I had lots of apprehension about installing Diablo because I'm not exactly bursting with knowledge had things gone pear shape, but I was actually surprised at how smooth it all went. This is also coming from someone that restored their full backup from chinook and found no issues with Diablo. Have I been one of the lucky ones; I don't know. What I do know is I had a lot of anxiety before the update, but now I'm just kind of relieved and hope I never have to do a firmware flash again now that Diablo has an all new way of providing us with upgrades.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
You look to be in the same boat that I was in. I am a n00b with tablets and received mine only a day or so after Diablo was released. Since you don't have any backups to restore from Chinook and you're getting a fresh N810 then you should be good to go. The first thing I did after opening the box was to download the updater to my PC and flash Diablo to it. The user experience out of the box was great since I really only played with Diablo. A fresh tablet updated straight to Diablo is quick and stable and I've not had a single browser crash on the device. Put your concerns aside and enjoy the tablet when it arrives.

Keep in mind that many that have been complaining of crashes appear to have restored a backup and something in that backup is causing an issue. Your fresh tablet will be fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gorgon For This Useful Post:
I upgraded from chinook and restored from my backup. It did pretty well. The browsing speed seems definitely improved, which by itself was worth the upgrade for me. I agree with the others that since you won't have any old settings to lose, it's best to upgrade right when you get the device so you don't waste any time reconfiguring.

No tethering with bluetooth cell has me really disappointed

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
lots of phones work with bluetooth - I use it all the time. The breaking point is whether the phone supports DUN.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by maxio View Post
No tethering with bluetooth cell has me really disappointed
Tethering is supported and works fine on my N95 8GB.

I did not notice any problems with tethering after I upgraded to Diablo. Using AT&T Motorola V3xx if it matters...