I almost found out how to do most of this without actually having to save the file to the nokia and than convert it.

I went to mobile youtube (www.m.youtube.com)
and I went to play a video file. It opens the file with the video player thats already installed on the device. The video loads, instead it will say error. This is because the player cannot play .flv files.

What I am trying to find out is if you can install an .flv plugin onto the device, and if it can be able to play the file afterward.

Please help me out, I been trying to do this, and finding ways to do this for the past 3 days and its really squeezing my brains out!!

-Tim

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
mplayer plays flv

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Use mYTube

Another alternative is www.keepvid.com , which can handle just about any streaming video site.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ a northerner in the south
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Use mYTube
i thought mytube only worked on 800?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
It is python based, works on OS2008HE and OS2007HE for sure.

You can use the canola2 youtube player add on if you already have the canola beta.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Virginia
I just saw a video on youtube showing how to download and watch videos on the Nokia 770 using KeepVid. Search youtube for Nokia 770 plus KeepVid. Very easy to do. Must use mplayer to watch youtube videos.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
I don't know if it will work on your N770 but you can get myTube here:

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mytube/

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Cincy,Ohio
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
mplayer plays flv
No it won't in 770.