Active Topics

Hi

Today I reflashed my n810 with last image. Now my nokia doesn't start at all. There isn't any live symptoms. LED doesn't flash. No light on the screen, and nothing on the screen. Any ideas?

not sure if this will work but it is what i would do.

take battery out of unit for 15 minutes and see ifv will start ujp- if that doesn't work then tkae battey out for another 15 mins and instead of turning unit on rfeflash. i would also fredownload the image in case it's corrupted

How can I reflash it if it doesn't start at all? I doesn't even blink. I found that image was corrupted. I just copied it on flash, moved to other computer. And flash was bad. Please, describe a bit more precise.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If it doesn't start at all, the battery is probably dead. If it isn't the battery, sounds like you will have to return it to Nokia. This wasn't caused by Diablo, but probably by the battery failing while you were installing.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
It could also be that if the software image was bad, the bootloader was corrupted and once flashed to N810, it can never boot. If that is the case then it needs to be cold flashed and I'm afraid only Nokia service center can do it.

Originally Posted by mi_ko View Post
Hi

Today I reflashed my n810 with last image. Now my nokia doesn't start at all. There isn't any live symptoms. LED doesn't flash. No light on the screen, and nothing on the screen. Any ideas?
Hi-unfortunately after flashing to the last firmware update from Nokia (the battery was not fully charged -cause i forgot it) now i have the same problem. No boot or light or anything at all! But the flashing was ok, i rebooted in the first place and used the device for over 2 hours. Then after i shut it down it never came up again... The battery is ok as i went to electronics service to check it-no charge or boot with the car charger either! I've sent it to Nokia and waiting to see what will happen. Perhaps a virus?

I was at service today. They said that they have no registration form to fill information for warranty service for N810 (it doesn't have IMEI, so we can not fill the form). And one guy at service said, that battery is very weak (and he can check it for extra money), and perhaps it is a reason that n810 doesn't start.

I have similar problems but my unit starts although it hangs half the time during booting or resets spontaneously. Hard to say what the problem might be but I am going to try a new battery tommorow.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Cincinnati, OH
I hate to join the group here, but my new n810 is also unable to start AT ALL after the Diablo update. I ran the update, booted successfully, used/customized it for a few minutes, shut it off, and the next morning, nothing. No charge light, no charging, no screen activity at all with power button or any combination with the power button.

I have an E71 as well that takes the same battery, so I've charged two batteries, both of which work with the E71 but neither of which have any impact on my n810 situation. When fully charged, nothing happens on the n810, again no lights or screen.

If anyone knows anything about this fix since July, please let me know.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If what you're saying is completely accurate, you have no alternative but to send it back to Nokia for repair or replacement, it seems to me. If there is no sign of lights and replacing the battery does nothing, how can you try to fix it?