Does anyone know of a simple EQ programme which could boost selected frequencies on any of the media players available to the N810? Failing that is there a software pre-amp?

I ask because I have quite a severe hearing loss and struggle to understand the speach on films and videos. If I have it as loud as possible then it's too bass heavy for speech. To listen to music I would then need to lower the high range and up the mid.

It seems extraordinary that such an everyday bit of software, which all the media players I've yet come accross have as standard, should be missing on this set-up.

The Following User Says Thank You to twynog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by twynog View Post
Does anyone know of a simple EQ programme which could boost selected frequencies on any of the media players available to the N810?
aumix has been mentioned in a number of recent threads as a solution for this sort of thing. According to Gronmayer, it is available in the elkins.org repository.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this. I downloaded the elkins repository, but couldn't find any trace of aumix in the list of "installable applications". I've also tried installing the .tar.bz2 file but that doesn't work either.

I'd be very grateful for any further tips you might have

twynog

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Xmms has a built-in EQ and Pre-Amp but that only fixes your problem for music. I use it every day and it works fabulously. Sorry, not sure how to fix you movies.

here's a link for more info on Xmms: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...highlight=xmms

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing

Now we're getting somewhere, but how do I access the configuration directory? It looks as if I could not only increase the volume but also set different EQs, even perhaps access subtitles.