Active Topics

Boingo mobile worked fine for me earlier.
I flashed my N800 with Diablo. Then proceeded to install skype which installed successfully.
Next I tried installing Boingo from the Application Manager.

a) Attempt 1 : It downloaded, showed license agreement etc but finally said "Did not install". However it shows Boingo Mobile in my "Settings" menu and also shows Boingo Mobile as installed in application manager. When I click on Boingo Mobile, nothing happens.
I then uninstalled it.

b) Attempt 2: After uninstalling from previous attempt, I tried installing it again and again it said "install failed" but added a menu item and added "Boingo Mobile" to installed applications. I then updated it but it said "update failed".

Finally it does not work.
Any ideas?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Go to Application Manager > Application Catalogue > Maemo Extras and enter “chinook diablo” in the box marked “Distribution ”

I'm having the exact same problem, and I tried
Go to Application Manager > Application Catalogue > Maemo Extras and enter “chinook diablo” in the box marked “Distribution ”
And it did nothing. There may be a possibility that I'm missing a step, but really all I did was follow the directions. ( tried it both as disabled and enabled)

I also created a new catalog, which is

Catalog Name: Maemo extras chinook
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras/
Distribution: chinook diablo
Components: free non-free
Disabled: "not checked"

When I have the others disabled and do an update, it gives me a list without Boingo.

The person who posted this explained my problem exactly. It gets about 90 percent installed and then tells me that it's unable to install. And yes, I get a nonfunctional icon in my toolbar and so on.. I uninstall it and then try again...

I'd really like to get this going since I pay a whole 7 bucks a month for this service.
If I can't I then must have to bid farewell to Diablo. Which is so sad..

Last edited by manitoumackinac; 2008-06-28 at 02:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to manitoumackinac For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Try uninstalling Boingo and reinstalling from an approved repository like Tableteer OS 2008.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
I am having the same problem. Boingo Mobile will not install with Diablo. Have uninstalled, tried adding chinook to Maemo Extras and re-installing, and get the same behavior. Downloads, installs for a while, pops up the license agreement, then dies with an installation failed message and does not run even when you try launching it from the icons it installs in the Extras panel.

Something is seriously wrong on Diablo. Try the following :
a) Install openssh from maemo-extra. This will also ask you to setup a root password.
b) ssh into the nokia from your desktop/laptop.
c) Once you get the shell try apt-get install boingomobile. This showed some broken installs so try apt-get -f install. The boingomobile thingy tried to install but failed with various warnings. The primary seems to be /usr/bin/goboingo.sh failed.
invoke-rc.d initscript boingomobile, action "start" failed.

Sent an email to boingo mobile support. Lets see if they look at the issue.

As far as I can tell, boingo mobile is using libssl-0.9.7 while installed version is libssl-0.9.8 and that seems to be causing the problem.

OK I think I solved it : ssh into your nokia and try : "apt-get install libssl0.9.7"
This should install the correct ssl library and now boingomobile installation should go smoothly.

The Following User Says Thank You to randomhack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Boingo is going to release an update soon for Diablo (just finish talking to them).